Students in residence
Information for those living on campus
Concordia’s priority is supporting the health and safety of the members of its community. Social distancing measures are difficult to maintain in a residence. With their wellbeing in mind, students have been asked to move out of residence by end of the day, Sunday, March 22, 2020.
We are working to identify those students unable to return to their homes. If this is the case for you, please send an email to email@example.com as soon as possible. Accommodations will be provided to those who need it.
All students who are able to do so are asked to move out of residence by end of the day, Sunday, March 22, 2020.
We are working to identify those students unable to return to their homes. If this is the case for you, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible. Accommodations will be provided to those who need it. This is not a decision we took lightly and understand the stress it is causing
We understand there may be circumstances that prevent students from returning home by the March 22 deadline, or at all.
If this is the case for you, please contact email@example.com as soon as possible.We are working to identify those students unable to return to their homes. Accommodations will be provided to those who need it. This is not a decision we took lightly and understand the stress it is causing.
Refunds of lease and meal plan costs equal to the number of residual days left between the student’s departure date and the end of their lease will be issued.
Leaving residence will not affect students’ ability to complete their term. As a reminder, Concordia is moving to online course delivery and alternative assessment modes beginning the week of March 23. In addition, exams will not be done in person. Accommodations will be made for students who wish to complete the term from home in another province or country.
Please note that U.S. citizens and permanent residents are allowed to enter the U.S..
Students moving out of residence are encouraged to take everything they can, as storage will be limited.
If items must be left behind, residence staff ask that students pack them up and leave them labelled with their room number, name and student ID. The Residence Life team can store them and information on retrieving them will be communicated soon.
Residence Life staff will be packing up their room for them and putting their things into storage. Information on the retrieval process will be communicated soon.
- To facilitate the processing of your refund, please ensure that you have indicated your departure date here: https://form.jotform.com/200755127587258
- Clean your fridge
- Place your trash or recycling in the common room or laundry room bins. Do not leave trash in your room, the bathroom or hallway.
- Empty your mail box. Make sure you change your address with your bank, phone company, etc.
- Remove all personal furniture from your room. If you do not intend on taking personal furniture with you, get rid of it before you move out of residence.
- Locate all your keys.
- If you are a resident in the GN Building, please put your keys in an envelope and drop them off in Olga's mailbox office in D-102.
- If your building is on Loyola Campus, you can drop your keys off in the HA, HB and JR lobbies by the front door.
- Please include your room key, mail key, access card and laundry card — four items in total — and lock your door when you leave. Please include your name and room number on the envelope so we know which keys are being returned.
Please allow time for the refunds to be issued since we are experiencing a high volume of requests. We will be in touch with further updates. Please check your emails.
You can send your keys — mail, room and laundry card — to the following addresses:
Attention: Olga Vega
Concordia University — Grey Nuns
1455 Boulevard De Maisonneuve West GN D-102
Montreal, QC H3G 1M8
Attention: Kaeleigh D'Ermo
Concordia University — Hingston Hall HA-150.2
7141 Sherbrooke Street West
Montreal, QC H4B 1R6
Please DO NOT mail your access card and ensure that you have a RETURN ADDRESS on your envelope that includes your FULL NAME. This way we know whose keys are being returned.