Vaccine registration for internships
If you are planning to intern at a health or social services facility this year, the Government of Quebec asks that you advise Concordia if you received at least one dose of a COVID-19 vaccine so we can help you coordinate your internship.
Programs requiring the vaccine registration process
Students in the following programs, who are interning at a public healthcare or social services facility are required to register their vaccine status.
Faculty of Fine Arts:
- Art Therapy: ATRP-613, ATRP-614, ATRP-623, ATRP-624
- Music Therapy, MTHY-510, MTHY-511, MTHY-512, MTHY-623/633, MTHY-624/634
- Drama Therapy, DTHY-613, DTHY-614, DTHY-623, DTHY-624
- Play Therapy, PLTH-501, PLTH-502, PLTH-503, PLTH-504, PLTH-505
Faculty of Arts and Sciences:
- Therapeutic Recreation, AHSC-438
- Human Relations, AHSC-439
- Leisure Studies, AHSC-437
- Family Science and Youth, AHSC-436
- Youth Work, AHSC-533, AHSC-537, AHSC-538
- Kinesiology and Clinical Exercise Physiology, KCEP-483
Internship sites requiring this vaccine registration process
Registration of vaccine status is only required for students in the above programs who are interning at a public healthcare and social services facility:
- Emergency units (except psychiatric emergency units)
- Intensive Care Units (except psychiatric intensive care units)
- Clinics specific to COVID-19 (screening, evaluation and vaccination)
- Units identified by an institution as reserved for persons with a positive COVID-19 diagnosis
- CHSLDs (public and private funded seniors living facilities)
- Other residential units
- Pneumology units
- Oncology departments and clinics
Contact your practicum/internship coordinator if you are uncertain if your site qualifies.
Did you receive at least 1 dose of a COVID-19 vaccine?
If you were vaccinated IN QUEBEC
Upload your proof of vaccination with QR code to indicate that you received at least 1 dose. Proof of vaccination will be emailed to you by Public Health after your appointment.
If you were vaccinated OUTSIDE QUEBEC
Please register your vaccination with the Quebec Ministry of Health BEFORE proceeding to Concordia’s portal. You will need to book an appointment to do so. To learn how to do this, please consult the quick tutorial included below. Once registered, upload your proof of vaccination with QR code.
- Visit www.clicsante.ca
- Click on "Select a service / Sélectionnez un service"
- Select “COVID-19 Vaccine Troubleshooting / Vaccin COVID-19 - Dépannage”
- Click “Choose this service / Sélectionner ce service.” The pop-up window will disappear, and you will be brought back to the main page of the www.clicsante.ca website.
- Enter your postal code
- Select a vaccination centre near you
- Select “Book an Appointment / Rendez Vous”
- Select “Vaccines received outside Quebec / Vaccin recu hors Quebec”
- Select your appointment time, or another vaccination site if appointments are full
Please bring your ID and proof of the vaccination you received outside Quebec to your appointment. For more information about the vaccine registration process, consult the Government of Quebec.
If you did NOT receive a COVID vaccine
Submit your request for COVID-19 testing through the vaccine portal. Once you begin COVID-19 testing, you must re-enter this portal to submit proof of each test.
Please note that if you choose not to get vaccinated, you must receive up to three COVID-19 tests per week at your internship site, for the duration of your internship. Your internship may be interrupted if you are not tested on time, and it will be terminated if the test is positive. In this instance, please contact your Internship Coordinator to discuss next steps.
Please allow three weeks for Health Services to review your information.
Public Health will email your proof of vaccination to you. Please wait a few days after you have received your vaccine, and remember to check your spam folder in case your QR code was accidentally re-routed there. If you still cannot find it, request your proof of vaccination through this link: https://covid19.quebec.ca/PreuveVaccinale
It takes three weeks to review documentation and incomplete documentation may take longer to process. Please submit your documentation as soon as possible. Your internship may be compromised if you do not submit your information on time.
- Fall Practicum: September 20, 2021
- Winter Practicum: January 10, 2022
- Summer Practicum: May 20, 2022
Students can visit the testing centre at their internship site. You will be advised of your appointment times and location. When you reach the testing centre, please identify yourself as a student. You will be given a coupon confirming your completed test. Please upload this coupon to the portal. Your internship may be interrupted if you do not complete your testing on time.
Your internship site conducts COVID-19 testing, and will terminate your internship if there is a positive test. Please speak with your internship coordinator to discuss next steps.
If you receive a positive test, please complete the COVID-19 Self-isolation Form so Concordia’s department of Environmental Health and Safety can perform contact tracing, if required.
No, it is not included. Please factor this into your scheduling.
If you requested COVID-19 testing but become vaccinated in the course of your internship, please submit proof of vaccination through the portal, and email: firstname.lastname@example.org
No further actions are required if you are currently vaccinated, and receive a second dose.
The submissions portal is maintained by Concordia Health Services. By providing the clinic with your information, you agree to Health Services advising your faculty and internship site of your vaccine status so they can coordinate your internship for you.
If you receive a positive test during your internship, Health Services will inform Concordia’s department of Environmental Health and Safety to initiate contact tracing, if required.