Symptoms & precautions
What to do if you show symptoms or received a positive test result
Last updated: December 9, 2020, 1:09 p.m.
While on campus
If you are on campus and start to experience any symptoms which could be related to COVID-19, or receive news of a positive test result, please take the following actions:
- Don a procedure (surgical) mask. If none is immediately available, don a face covering.
- Wash your hands.
- Maintain physical distancing (2-metre distance) from others.
- Inform your instructor or supervisor.
- Inform Environmental Health & Safety (514-848-2424, ext. 4877). Outside business hours (9 AM – 5 PM): leave a message or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Return home: if possible, exit the campus using the same path used to enter.
- Do not stop anywhere; you must exit the campus immediately.
- Contact Security (3717) if you need assistance exiting campus.
- Wear a face covering and maintain 2 metres of physical distancing from others when exiting campus and returning home. If possible, avoid use of public transit.
- Call Public Health for instructions at 1-877-644-4545 or 514-644-4545 between 8 AM – 6 PM or 811 (InfoSanté) between 6 PM – 8 AM. For the hearing impaired (TTY), call 1-800-361-9596 (toll free).
- Complete the Self-Isolation Form on MyConcordia.
- Participate in any Concordia Environmental Health & Safety department investigation; you may be contacted and asked to list the on-campus locations you visited in the past 48 hrs.
- Contact your program department if you need help with accommodating academic deliverables.
If your test is positive
If confirmed POSITIVE, the student will receive instructions from the public health authorities. Students must follow their instructions and advise Environmental Health & Safety (514-848-2424, ext. 4877 or email@example.com).
If your test is negative
If confirmed NEGATIVE and asymptomatic for the past 24 hours, you can return to campus, unless otherwise instructed by public health authorities.
Return-to-campus criteria for students who contract COVID-19
You CANNOT return to campus unless the public health authorities have indicated that you can end your self-isolation.
While off campus, if you have visited campus in the last 48 hours
If you experience COVID-19 symptoms off campus and/or obtain a positive test result and have visited campus in the last 48 hours:
- You are required to stay home
- You must call the Quebec Public Health helpline for assistance at 1-877-644-4545 or 514-644-4545 between 8 AM – 6 PM or 811 (InfoSanté) between 6 PM and 8 AM. For the hearing impaired (TTY), call 1-800-361-9596 (toll free).
If instructed by Public Health authorities to self-isolate, please:
- Complete the COVID-19 Self-Isolation Form on MyConcordia; and
- Inform Environmental Health & Safety (514-848-2424, ext. 4877 or firstname.lastname@example.org) and provide details as to the locations you visited when on campus.
If you are required to come to campus for academic reasons, inform your instructor/professor that you are self-isolating and to obtain instructions regarding academic accommodations.
Students who may have been in contact with a positive COVID-19 case
The Direction régionale de santé publique determines whether individuals who were in contact with a suspected COVID-19 case can return to campus. The public health authorities will contact you if they determine that you must be tested or self-isolate.
Any student instructed to be tested and/or self-isolate by public health authorities must:
- complete the self-isolation form
- advise their professor or instructor and
- advise Environmental Health & Safety (514-848-2424, ext. 4877, or at email@example.com).
Direct your questions regarding this procedure to Environmental Health & Safety at 514-848-2424, ext. 4877, or firstname.lastname@example.org.