Emergency Student Relief Fund
To complement the government initiatives related to the COVID-19 pandemic, Concordia has created COVID-19 Emergency Student Relief Fund (C19-RF) of $1M+ to help alleviate economic hardships.
Students who unexpectedly find themselves with urgent financial need for immediate and necessary expenses due to the COVID-19 pandemic, who are currently attending for-credit classes in the Winter 2020 term and residing in Canada are eligible to apply. This includes graduate students who are currently continuing in program (CIP).
Financial support received through the C19-RF is in the form of a one time only, non-repayable bursary.
Students will find the application form for the C19-RF through their MyConcordia portal. The application has two parts:
- a student budget section
- a student statement section.
It is very important that students fully complete both sections of their application.
If you would like to have more information on your eligibility for this fund, please contact FAAO at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to apply
Here are the detailed instructions to follow to apply:
- Log on to your MyConcordia Portal.
- Click on “My Student Centre” on the left side of the screen.
- Click on “My Student Centre”.
- In the middle of the page, under Finances/Financial Aid, click on “Apply for Bursaries or Scholarships”.
- Choose “Concordia Aid Year 2021”.
- Choose Aid Declaration and complete the required information.
- On the first page when asked about government student aid all applicants must choose “NO I did not apply”. This is the case even if you did apply and/or are receiving government student aid.
- This will allow you to continue to the statement portion of the application. Please begin your statement with COVID-19 (about 500 words). Please tell us how COVID-19 has affected your financial situation. Once you complete your statement please press Continue.
- You are now in the “Needs Analysis” tab once you complete the needs analysis click Agree.
- Your application is now complete.
After you've applied
Once you have completed your application, you will receive a confirmation of receipt from email@example.com within 24 to 48 hours. Once your application has been reviewed, a financial aid advisor will contact you.
Should you have any questions about how to apply or if you would like to have more information on your eligibility for this fund, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.