Health and safety protocols while on campus
If you have been granted authorization to attend an in-person activity, please read these protocols carefully. Protect yourself and others.
Last updated: September 18, 2020, 10:02 a.m.
Entering labs, studios and teaching spaces
- While waiting for your in-person activity to start:
- Please remain outside the teaching space, 2 metres apart from others.
- Wear a face covering.
- Enter the teaching space one at a time. Whenever possible, the door will be propped open to allow for contactless entry.
- Upon entering the teaching space, wash your hands or use hand sanitizer.
- If using a sink (or if available), one student is permitted to be at the sink at a time.
- If a sink is unavailable, then you will be offered hand sanitizer.
- The first student who enters the teaching space should go to the workstation or seat furthest from the door and each subsequent student at the furthest available workstation or seat.
- In situations where bathrooms are nearby (adjacent to the teaching space), you are permitted to wash your hands IMMEDIATELY PRIOR to entering the teaching space, provided there is contactless entry.
- Once you enter the teaching space and BEFORE the activity begins, clean and disinfect all surfaces that you will touch. You will receive instructions and all necessary materials.
During the in-person activity
- Once at your workstation or seated, you are permitted to remove your face covering should you desire.
- Avoid the sharing of equipment, tools, and/or materials. If sharing is necessary, ensure items are properly cleaned and disinfected before and after each use. You will receive instructions and all necessary materials.
- Faculty/staff present during the in-person activity are not required to wear any personal protective equipment (PPE) when maintaining 2 metres of physical distance from students. However, when providing instruction or assistance to students where maintaining 2 metres of physical distance isn’t possible, faculty/staff will be wearing both a procedural mask (also referred to as a surgical mask) AND eye protection.
- You are permitted to go to the bathroom, however you must put on your face covering in order to exit the teaching space, and when re-entering.
Once in-person activities are completed
- Prior to leaving, please clean and disinfect all surfaces you came into contact with during your activity.
- All frequently touched surfaces in the teaching spaces (tables, countertops, doorknobs, etc.) will be cleaned and disinfected at the end of the activity.
Exiting labs, studios and teaching spaces
- Prior to exiting, put on your face covering.
- Exit the teaching space one at a time, starting with the student closest to the door exiting first.
- Wash your hands BEFORE leaving the teaching space. If not possible, wash your hands in the closest bathroom BEFORE leaving the building and campus.
- You are required to exit the building and campus as quickly as possible after your in-person activity has ended.
In the event of an emergency evacuation
In the event of an emergency that requires the evacuation of the building, follow the evacuation directive from faculty or staff. Prior to exiting the room, don your face covering.