Book your IELTS on Paper or Computer
Select your IELTS test date and complete your application today.
**When you complete your application, please enter your name EXACTLY as it appears on your proof of identity (ID).
Proof of ID
Please note that you will be asked to upload a good quality scan of your proof of identity (ID) when you apply. You can also scan your ID or take a picture with your cellphone and email it to Language.email@example.com after you complete your on-line application.
- If your proof of identity has been sent for visa extensions, please delay applying for the IELTS test until it has been returned.
- If you do not bring the same ID(that you have registerd with), on the test date (a valid and an original passport or Permanent resident card) you will NOT be allowed to sit for the test, and no refund will be granted.
- Please note that "True Copies" are not accepted.
The ONLY proof of identity (ID) that is accepted are:
- Passport (original and must be valid and unexpired)
- Permanent Residency Card (PR Card)
**If you hold a Refugee Protection Claimant Document or Travel Document, please contact us at Language.firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to guide you through the application process.
Once you have completed your IELTS application, you will:
Receive, by email, an "IELTS Application Summary and Documents Confirmation". This includes:
- A link to the secure on-line payment
- Your reference number
- Your IELTS test date
- The module you have registered for
Illness on IELTS test day
If you are ill on the test day, the following documents must be provided within five business days of the test date:
- An original medical certificate covering the test date (only original medical notes are accepted)
- A completed Transfer/Refund Form
If BOTH required documents are not received by the fifth business day after your test date, you will be marked as absent. As well, you will have forfeited your right to any and all claims. Copies sent by fax or email are not accepted. Please note medical notes issued by family members are not accepted.
If both documents reach us within the deadline, you have two options:
- A full refund of the test fee, less an administrative fee of $90
- A single transfer to a new test date (within three months of the original test date); you will be charged an administrative fee of $90 for the test date transfer.
Candidates who receive a transfer to a new test date (either before the test or due to illness) and who are ill on the second test date are not entitled to a refund of the test fee nor to any further transfer to a new test date.
IELTS is jointly owned by British Council, IDP: IELTS Australia and Cambridge English Language Assessment.