Diploma in Human Resources Management (full-time)
Human Resource managers and specialists face continuous challenges as organizations rapidly adapt to the technological and economic evolution. The Diploma in Human Resources Management offers both current and aspiring human resource professionals an opportunity to enhance their career development by focusing on the best and latest industry practices, as well as to acquire conceptual, analytical and theoretical tools to face those ever-evolving challenges.
This program is a great way to help you:
- Identify the elements that impact an organization’s recruitment and selection of qualified candidates;
- Develop recruitment and selection plans, employing appropriate resources and tools;
- Create job descriptions and job specifications based on a thorough job analysis;
- Employ non-discriminatory screening procedures and processes that satisfy legal requirements;
- Develop equitable and appropriate compensation systems for various types of organizations;
- Establish compensation schemes for different categories of employees;
- Implement and manage an effective compensation system;
- Comprehend the cultural dimensions involved in managing a diverse work environment;
- Get an introduction to the Quebec Labour Code and Labour Standards.
Students must complete the courses listed below:
- Intro to Business (CEBU 1150)
- Cross-Cultural Management (CEBU 1160)
- Intro to Human Resources (CEHR 1150)
- Labour Law (CEHR 1240)
- Recruitment and Talent Selection (CEHR 1250)
- Remuneration and Benefits (CEHR 1350)
As in the workplace, teamwork is key here. Yes, there will lectures and assignments to complete on your own, but you'll also be part of ad-hoc teams discussing real-world subjects presented by human resources experts. You'll formulate strategies to solve problems or seize opportunities. Above all, you'll have ample chance to contribute personally to the process. Participation is paramount in this online program.
Who benefits most?
- Anyone who wants a career in human resources.
- Students who want an introduction to the essentials of recruitment and selection.
- Students who want to pursue studies in human resources or law.
- Any employer or employee who wants to understand the basics of recruitment.
- Foreign business students who want to improve their understanding of recruitment in Canada.
- Students who want an introduction to the essentials of labour law.
- Any employer or employee who wants to understand the basics of labour law.
Full-time Program details
This full-time program consists of 24 hours per week of synchronous and asynchronous learning activities. Synchronous sessions are scheduled during the day, Monday to Friday between 9:00-18:00. Asynchronous activities take place on your own time. A more detailed schedule and other program details are provided upon registration.
To apply, you must complete the online application. A non-refundable deposit of $625, which is applied to the tuition fee, must accompany the application. Students will receive confirmation that they have been accepted to the program by e-mail.The remaining tuition fees must be paid no later than fourteen (14) days prior to the commencement of classes in order to guarantee a student’s place in the program.
All course exemptions must be requested in writing at the time of Admission in order to receive a tuition adjustment. To request a course exemption, students must complete a Course Exemption Form and submit it to the Centre for Continuing Education. Any exemptions granted after the admission period will not result in a tuition reduction.