Diploma in Business Studies (full-time)
If you're the kind of student who hates having your head stuck in a book eight hours a day, you're going to love this program. It's anything but business as usual!
This program is offered via an online virtual classroom with live synchronous learning (Zoom).
We pride ourselves on going beyond the books by bringing you industry professionals who'll give you real-world skills and best practices you can take straight from the classroom to the workplace. Plus, you'll be meeting business students from around the globe who'll enrich your overall experience and enhance your learning. Best of all, there's a wide variety of stimulating courses to choose from so you're sure to find the path that's right for you. Ready to start? Great. Let's get down to business
This program is a great way to help you:
- Gain a deep understanding of Canadian business practices;
- Set the foundation for future success in business or as an entrepreneur;
- Learn the fundamentals of marketing, advertising, accounting, business law, public relations, and entrepreneurship;
- Discover how to use social media marketing to your advantage;
- Prepare yourself for advanced studies in business;
- Increase your chances of getting hired or promoted;
- Improve your ability to communicate in a business setting;
- Work towards an industry-recognized certificate or diploma from Concordia Continuing Education.
As in the workplace, teamwork is key here. Sure, there will be engaging assignments and activities, but you'll also form ad-hoc teams to discuss real-world subjects presented by business experts. You'll formulate strategies to solve problems or seize opportunities. Above all, you'll have ample chance to contribute personally to the process. Participation is paramount in this online program.
Who benefits most?
- Students who want to pursue studies in business or are thinking of a career in business.
- Recent graduates who want to give their career path some direction.
- Anyone working in a company who wants to better understand the business of doing business.
- Budding entrepreneurs who want to equip themselves with the knowledge and skills to succeed.
- Foreign business students who want to improve their understanding of Canadian business practices.
- Newcomers to Canada who want a certificate or diploma from a respected Canadian institution.
Full-time Program details
This full-time program consists of 24 hours per week of synchronous and asynchronous learning activities. Synchronous sessions are scheduled during the day, Monday to Friday between 9:00-18:00 via an online virtual classroom (Zoom). Asynchronous activities take place on your own time. A more detailed schedule and other program details are provided upon registration
To apply, you must complete the online application. A non-refundable deposit of $625, which is applied to the tuition fee, must accompany the application. Students will receive confirmation that they have been accepted to the program by e-mail.The remaining tuition fees must be paid no later than fourteen (14) days prior to the commencement of classes in order to guarantee a student’s place in the program.
All course exemptions must be requested in writing at the time of Admission in order to receive a tuition adjustment. To request a course exemption, students must complete a Course Exemption Form and submit it to the Centre for Continuing Education. Any exemptions granted after the admission period will not result in a tuition reduction.
Students must complete the courses listed below:
- Intro to Business (CEBU 1150)
- Cross-Cultural Management (CEBU 1160)
- Business Accounting (CEBU 1170)
- Business Law (CEBU 1180)
- Intro to Human Resources (CEHR 1150)
- Intro to Marketing (CEMK 1150)