Ever had trouble navigating a website? Felt lost as you moved from section to section and just left the site out of frustration? We all have. Chances are, the designers of those sites didn't have much experience with User Interface Design, also known as GUI. In this course, you'll be introduced to the basics of GUI and User Experience (UX). You'll be using Photoshop to prepare interface design for website creation and mock-ups and for mobile interfaces. You'll also examine screen-based image optimization and page layout techniques in detail. So, hopefully, people navigate your sites with smiles on their faces.
This course is a great way to help you:
• Create graphic user interfaces with Photoshop;
• Optimize graphics for web publication;
• Understand and apply user experience design;
• Prepare UX designs for websites, tablets, phones, watches and TVs.
In this course, you'll gain real-world knowledge, experience and insights through lectures from experienced pros who'll show you the ropes. More excitingly, you'll learn through hands-on projects using the most powerful equipment and the very latest software. You can't get skills like this on YouTube.
• Anyone who wants to learn the fundamentals of user interface design or desktop publishing.
• Students who want to work in advertising, animation, graphic design, illustration, printmaking, page layout and digital publication.
• Anyone interested in updating their professional portfolio with the latest design trends.
• Students looking onward to an academic path in design.
• Employees in marketing, communications or sales who want to refresh their skills or are open new horizons.
• Small business owners or association members who manage their own communications.
• Exhibition designers, fine artists, interior designers, landscape architects, multimedia specialists, photographers and UX designers could also greatly benefit from courses in this program.
CAD, Web Design & Publishing
Concordia Continuing Education does not have differential tuition fees. Tuition fees are the same for all students admitted to CCE.
Please note that at Concordia Continuing Education tuition fees, registration fees and late registration fees are due at the time of registration. Failure to make full payment may result in interest charges being applied.