PHP PROGRAMMING WITH MYSQL II
Course Code: CEWP 559This is the second of two MySQL courses leading to your well-deserved diploma in PHP development. Excited? You should be, because this time, you’re going to learn advanced topics in web development using PHP7 and MySQL, bringing you up to speed on the latest technologies and architectures in software development. Once you’ve successfully completed this course, you'll have mastered the skills you need to create secure e-commerce web applications using PHP and MySQL. There’s no stopping you now!
|CEWP 459||PHP PROGRAMMING WITH MYSQL I|
Your take-awayThis course is a great way to help you:
• Develop web applications using the MVC design pattern;
• Integrate unit-testing scripts into your application and understand test code-coverage;
• Implement and use web services and Web-APIs;
• Encode and decode using the JSON format to relay messages across your applications;
• Integrate security into a web app (authentication, authorisation, accounting);
• Use SSL certificates to enable HTTPS in your websites;
• Leverage more advanced regular expressions to validate user input;
• Send and validate e-mail;
• Use third-party tools including Captcha, Swagger, PHPUnit;
• Conceive a fully functional e-commerce application.
Our approachThis course features lectures and hands-on programming practice led by seasoned industry professionals who’ll guide you every step of the way as you learn industry standards and best practices. To succeed, you will be required to do 5-10 hours of work per week outside of class time. If you have little or no prior knowledge, you’ll need more time to gain familiarity with the concepts. Note that this is an online, synchronous course.
Who benefits the most?• Students working to complete their diploma in PHP development.
• Anyone who wants to take the first step towards a career as a front-end or full-stack developer.
• Anyone who wants to develop or broaden their programming skills.
• Programmers who want to learn a new language to open new career horizons.
Concordia CCE Loyalty Discount
All students who meet at least one of the following conditions, will receive a 10% discount on their CCE course or workshop tuition fees:
1) Have completed a CCE, Undergraduate or Graduate course at Concordia University in a prior academic term;
2) Have completed a language proficiency test (IELTS) at CCE;
3) Have completed a CCE Professional Development Seminar/Workshop.
This discount is based on the information maintained in the Concordia University student information system.
NOTE: This discount does not apply to a language proficiency test enrollment (IELTS) nor to application fees for admission to a CCE program of study.
© Concordia University