DEVELOPMENT AND PROGRAMMING BASICS
Course Code: CEWP 210This course is a vital opportunity to familiarize yourself with the prerequisite knowledge you’ll need to complete almost any other programming or software development course. Here, you’ll learn essential programming fundamentals, and the basics of networking and server technologies, while gaining skill at identifying the best language to meet your programming needs and communicating with other IT professionals. There’s lots to learn, so let’s get started…
Your take-awayThis course is a great way to help you:
• Read the basic code in most high-level languages;
• Choose the appropriate programming language for a specific need;
• Create and interpret pseudocode and UML diagrams;
• Use generalized development IDE’s like Visual Studio Code;
• Implement basic programming concepts and structures;
• Create simple to intermediate algorithms for any programming language;
• Use a source control like GIT to store and share source code.
Our approachThis course features lectures and hands-on programming practice led by seasoned industry professionals who’ll guide you every step of the way as you learn industry standards and best practices. To succeed, you will be required to do 5-10 hours of work per week outside of class time. If you have little or no prior knowledge, you’ll need more time to gain familiarity with the concepts. Note that this is an online, synchronous course.
• Anyone who wants to take the first step towards a career as a developer.
• Anyone who wants to develop or broaden their programming skills.
• Programmers who want to learn a new language to open new career horizons.
Concordia CCE Loyalty Discount
All students who meet at least one of the following conditions, will receive a 10% discount on their CCE course or workshop tuition fees:
1) Have completed a CCE, Undergraduate or Graduate course at Concordia University in a prior academic term;
2) Have completed a language proficiency test (IELTS) at CCE;
3) Have completed a CCE Professional Development Seminar/Workshop.
This discount is based on the information maintained in the Concordia University student information system.
NOTE: This discount does not apply to a language proficiency test enrollment (IELTS) nor to application fees for admission to a CCE program of study.
© Concordia University