Shipping Operations & Port Agency
Course Code: CESF 209In your first course you had a good introduction to shipping. In this course, you're going to get a lot more specific by examining the operational and practical aspects of marine navigation, with special emphasis on the regulatory context and geographic considerations related to navigating in Canadian waters. You'll also study topics like agency disbursements and accounting, how to build an agent's checklist and more. This is the second of five courses that lead to your Certificate in Marine Transportation, so full steam ahead!
Your take-awayThis course is a great way to help you:
• Learn about the role of the agent, shore support and husbandry;
• Familiarize yourself with navigation in Canadian waters;
• Gain knowledge of port and terminal issues like loading, stowing and securing cargo;
• Understand the role of shipboard personnel and other service providers;
• Appreciate the importance of evolving operational issues like security and the environment.
Our approachhis course is taught by an industry professional who takes an integrative approach to learning that is collaborative, experiential and student-centered. Real-world examples are used to bring topics to life. Participation is one of your keys to success.
Who benefits the most?• Anyone who wants an introduction to the world of shipping.
• Anyone who wants to start a career in shipping.
• Import/Export workers who want to broaden their understanding of shipping.
• Anyone fascinated by commercial marine transportation.
Important detailsThis course is given either in an in-class or an on-line format. Make sure to check the section. "OL" sections indicate an on-line course.
Concordia CCE Loyalty Discount
All students who meet at least one of the following conditions, will receive a 10% discount on their CCE course or workshop tuition fees:
1) Have completed a CCE, Undergraduate or Graduate course at Concordia University in a prior academic term;
2) Have completed a language proficiency test (IELTS) at CCE;
3) Have completed a CCE Professional Development Seminar/Workshop.
This discount is based on the information maintained in the Concordia University student information system.
NOTE: This discount does not apply to a language proficiency test enrollment (IELTS) nor to application fees for admission to a CCE program of study.
Interested in the above mentioned course? Take it on its own or as part of the following program:
© Concordia University