UX Fundamentals and the Science of User Experience
Your take-awayThis workshop will empower you to:
• Learn the difference between CX (Customer Experience) and UX (User Experience);
• Gain a solid foundation of the science of UX, its tools, approaches and best practices;
• Understand the difference between good and great design with real-world examples and case studies;
• Learn why UX is essential for a sustainable competitive advantage and how to leverage great design to achieve business goals;
• Develop the tools to understand and implement best UX practices;
• Familiarize yourself with the different stages of UX design culture;
• Practice UX in action to implement quality UX for success in your particular context.
Our approachThis workshop is based on an optimized practical approach that mixes active learning, demonstrations, sub-group discussions and individual exercises. In short, you’ll learn by doing and sharing.
Who benefits the most?• Tech product owners and managers, business analysts, e-commerce or web leads, corporate strategists, front end/back end developers, marketing professional and entrepreneurs who want to maximize the effectiveness of their websites.
• Web designers who want to broaden their understanding of great UX design.
We're flexible. That means workshops can be customized for corporate groups and offered on the date of your choosing, in your office or in one of our campus locations.
Important details1) Registration fee includes electronic course materials.
2) In the event we don’t have enough participants, the workshop will be cancelled and you will, of course, be reimbursed in full.
3) This workshop meets the requirements for the 1% Conformity Law (in accordance with the Workforce Skills Development and Recognition Act).
4) If you wish to pay for this workshop via invoice, please write directly to email@example.com and our service staff will assist you.
Concordia CCE Loyalty Discount
All students who meet at least one of the following conditions, will receive a 10% discount on their CCE course or workshop tuition fees:
1) Have completed a CCE, Undergraduate or Graduate course at Concordia University in a prior academic term;
2) Have completed a language proficiency test (IELTS) at CCE;
3) Have completed a CCE Professional Development Seminar/Workshop.
This discount is based on the information maintained in the Concordia University student information system.
NOTE: This discount does not apply to a language proficiency test enrollment (IELTS) nor to application fees for admission to a CCE program of study.
Your trainerJeremy Higgins,
MBA | C.Adm. |C.M.C.
Serving as UX Lead and Associate Director of Atecna, Montreal, Jeremy Higgins has over 10 years of UX expertise in a variety of industries, from insurance to banking, retail, automotive, and luxury goods. He has a profound understanding
of contemporary tools, methods, and cross-platform ((mobile, web, Ecommerce) best practices. His belief that UX is not an expertise, but rather the entire experience of a brand, is reflected in his mastery of the entire UX cycle from initial research and planning through to prototyping, execution, monitoring and iteration. He currently practices his craft, teaches the science of UX to many corporate clients, actively participates in various tech communities, and leads a team of 10 UX/UI experts at Atecna, Montreal.
© Concordia University