Exploring Legal and Ethical Aspects of AI (Online)
Data is the new gold mine. The more people interact with each other, be it through Facebook and Twitter, or platforms like Amazon, the more data is generated, collected and exploited. Unlike gold, the regulations around data are much more obscure. Does the data generated belong to those who produce them, or those who collect them? What about the ethics of using these data for commercial purposes? Some of these questions regarding the legal and ethical aspect of utilizing data have emerged given the significant commercialization of data in recent years.
Another angle of AI research and commercialization that must be seriously considered is the ethical use of data. Companies that spearhead AI development, such as Google and Microsoft, recognize the importance of these implications and have incorporated new ethics roles into their organizations. As Montreal is an international leader of Ethical AI initiatives and development of talent, it is more important now than ever for industry professionals to be aware of international legal regulations, ethical aspects of AI, and data privacy associated with both public and private, current and future data-related initiatives.
Your take-awayThis training will enable you to:
• Analyze international data protection laws in the US, Canada, Europe and China;
• Evaluate and analyze the role of ethical and legal implications associated with the boom of international AI initiatives and the development of ethical principles in AI;
• Understand the importance of evaluating ethical and legal impact as a result of AI technologies when developing an AI-oriented business strategy;
• Discuss existing industry cases such as Facebook, Cambridge Analytica, Amazon, etc.
Our approachThis business-oriented workshop is based on fundamental theories and industry case studies taken from large data-driven companies. In short, you’ll learn by reading, analyzing, and discussing. Case readings and AV material are drawn from current topics and recent news/events.
In order to maximize engagement and knowledge transfer during our online workshops, it is highly recommended that participants keep their cameras on.
Who benefits the most?If your area of expertise is on the following list, you could benefit greatly from this workshop:
• Data-oriented professionals;
• Data strategists;
• Business analysts;
• Business professionals in technology-oriented projects;
• IT professionals;
• Employers who want to give their employees a great learning opportunity that will contribute to the success of their organization.
All workshops can be customized for corporate groups. They can be offered on the date of your choosing, remotely, in your office or in one of our campuses.
Important details1) Registration fee includes electronic course materials.
2) In the event we don’t have enough participants, the workshop will be cancelled and you will, of course, be reimbursed in full
3) This workshop meets the requirements for the 1% Conformity Law (in accordance with the Workforce Skills Development and Recognition Act)
4) If you wish to pay for this workshop via invoice, please write directly to email@example.com and our service staff will assist you.
Concordia CCE Loyalty Discount
All students who meet at least one of the following conditions, will receive a 10% discount on their CCE course or workshop tuition fees:
1) Have completed a CCE, Undergraduate or Graduate course at Concordia University in a prior academic term;
2) Have completed a language proficiency test (IELTS) at CCE;
3) Have completed a CCE Professional Development Seminar/Workshop.
This discount is based on the information maintained in the Concordia University student information system.
NOTE: This discount does not apply to a language proficiency test enrollment (IELTS) nor to application fees for admission to a CCE program of study.
Your trainerAdrian Gonzalez Sanchez,
M.Sc. (Mobile Communications), M.B.A. | Telematics Engineer, Senior Consultant on Artificial Intelligence and Blockchain Technology, Certified Scrum Product Owner® (CSPO)
Adrian Gonzalez Sanchez is a frequent university lecturer with a wealth of hands-on experience in the fields of big data and artificial intelligence. Over the years, he’s had extensive experience with leading data-centric companies like Dhatim, Geoblink and others and is a frequent AI consultant to CGI, IVADO Labs and other Canadian industry leaders. In addition to his practical experience, Adrian is a tutor and learning facilitator for MIT Sloan's executive AI & Blockchain course".
© Concordia University