Communicate Effectively While Working Remotely (Online)
Whether you need to provide information, influence coworkers or make decisions, mastering efficient communication techniques is essential in every work environment. Knowing and understanding others and ourselves is definitely a key for an effective exchange of information. The importance of non-verbal communication is also undeniable.
In that context, what happens when you are working with remote team members? When should you meet online? Should you send an email? Should you pick up the phone? How should you introduce new employees to the rest of the team? Why did that online meeting feel so difficult?
This training, mastered by Benoit Lamontagne will attempt to answer these questions and so much more.
Your take-awayThis training will enable you to:
• Understand the basic principles of effective communication;
• Gain self-awareness about your personal behavior and preferences;
• Adapt your communications to facilitate communication based on remote team members’ preferences;
• Develop strategies to optimize communications while working with remote coworkers;
• Learn how to properly prepare for an online meeting and some techniques that can be used enhance communication.
Our approachThis online workshop is based on co-active learning, theoretical information, real-world examples and case studies. In short, you’ll grow professionally by mastering your ability to learn, work, be productive and better communicate remotely.
Who benefits the most?• Anyone, because let’s be honest, everyone needs to communicate and at the moment, it’s mostly being done remotely;
• Employees facing conflictual situations with peers or with superiors while communicating;
• Employers who want to give their employees a great learning opportunity that will contribute to the success of their organization.
We're flexible. That means workshops can be customized for corporate groups and offered on the date of your choosing, remotely, in your office or in one of our campus locations.
Important details1) Registration fee includes electronic course materials.
2) In the event we don’t have enough participants, the workshop will be cancelled and you will, of course, be reimbursed in full
3) This workshop meets the requirements for the 1% Conformity Law (in accordance with the Workforce Skills Development and Recognition Act).
4) If you wish to pay for this workshop via invoice, please write directly to firstname.lastname@example.org and our service staff will assist you.
Concordia CCE Loyalty Discount
All students who meet at least one of the following conditions, will receive a 10% discount on their CCE course or workshop tuition fees:
1) Have completed a CCE, Undergraduate or Graduate course at Concordia University in a prior academic term;
2) Have completed a language proficiency test (IELTS) at CCE;
3) Have completed a CCE Professional Development Seminar/Workshop.
This discount is based on the information maintained in the Concordia University student information system.
NOTE: This discount does not apply to a language proficiency test enrollment (IELTS) nor to application fees for admission to a CCE program of study.
Your trainerBenoit Lamontagne
Ing., Adm.A., Candidat MBA, Candidat C.M.C.
Benoit is an electrical engineer and a member of both the Ordre des Ingénieurs du Québec (OIQ) and the Chartered Administrators of Québec (C.Adm.) who has worked in the aerospace industry, in the field of avionics product development, for over 13 years. During that time, Benoît developed an expertise in project management, continuous improvement and leading organizational transformations.
© Concordia University