Exploring Data Integration and ETL (Online)
Today, data is a powerful asset for any organization. Data is literally everywhere and it is growing exponentially: 500 million tweets or 294 billion emails per day, 65 billion messages on WhatsApp, etc. This high volume, combined with the variety of sources (i.e., structured, unstructured, etc.) and the velocity or pace of the data generation brings multiple opportunities for value creation. You won’t be surprised to learn it also brings about some challenges such as data collection, storage, analysis and most importantly, integration.
A properly designed data integration process is THE key step to combine different data sources by adapting their format, fields and the way they are consumed. For this to happen, ETL (Extract, Transform and Load) tools are a simple and scalable solution. During this workshop, expert Adrian Gonzalez-Sanchez will provide you with a proper understanding of the data-driven value creation process, the main data integration techniques and tools, and how to design a solid and scalable ETL workflow. Intrigued? We’d be surprised if you weren’t.
Your take-awayThis training will enable you to:
• Understand the different types of data and their potential value;
• Explore data integration techniques and choose those that are the best fit for your data sources;
• Explain traditional issues and challenges of data exploration, and the role of the ETL tools to solve them;
• Present the most important ETL tools, their subscription models and advantages.
Our approachThis business-oriented workshop is based on fundamental theories and industry case studies taken from large data-driven companies. In short, you’ll learn by reading, thinking and doing. Case readings and AV material are drawn from current topics and recent news/events.
Who benefits the most?If your area of expertise is on the following list, you could benefit greatly from this workshop:
• Project managers;
• Product owners;
• Team leaders;
• Data-oriented professionals;
• Data strategists;
• Business analysts;
• Business professionals in technology-oriented projects;
• IT professionals;
• Employers who want to give their employees a great learning opportunity that will contribute to the success of their organization.
All workshops can be customized for corporate groups. They can be offered on the date of your choosing, remotely, in your office or in one of our campuses.
Important details1) Registration fee includes electronic course materials.
2) In the event we don’t have enough participants, the workshop will be cancelled and you will, of course, be reimbursed in full
3) This workshop meets the requirements for the 1% Conformity Law (in accordance with the Workforce Skills Development and Recognition Act).
4) If you wish to pay for this workshop via invoice, please write directly to firstname.lastname@example.org and our service staff will assist you.
Concordia CCE Loyalty Discount
All students who meet at least one of the following conditions, will receive a 10% discount on their CCE course or workshop tuition fees:
1) Have completed a CCE, Undergraduate or Graduate course at Concordia University in a prior academic term;
2) Have completed a language proficiency test (IELTS) at CCE;
3) Have completed a CCE Professional Development Seminar/Workshop.
This discount is based on the information maintained in the Concordia University student information system.
NOTE: This discount does not apply to a language proficiency test enrollment (IELTS) nor to application fees for admission to a CCE program of study.
Your trainerAdrian Gonzalez Sanchez,
M.Sc. (Mobile Communications), M.B.A. | Telematics Engineer, Senior Consultant on Artificial Intelligence and Blockchain Technology, Certified Scrum Product Owner® (CSPO)
Adrian Gonzalez Sanchez is a frequent university lecturer with a wealth of hands-on experience in the fields of big data and artificial intelligence. Over the years, he’s had extensive experience with leading data-centric companies like Dhatim, Geoblink and others and is a frequent AI consultant to CGI, IVADO Labs and other Canadian industry leaders. In addition to his practical experience, Adrian is a tutor and learning facilitator for MIT Sloan's executive AI & Blockchain course".
© Concordia University