Effective Presentation Skills (Online)
All eyes are on you. This is it: your big chance to keep them captivated and make your point. Are you up to it? Not yet? Well, if you take this workshop you will be. In one richly rewarding day, you’ll learn the best practices in structuring a presentation, engaging your audience and holding their attention, injecting humour, storytelling, dealing with nerves and stress, controlling your body language and much more. It’s simple: if you want to feel more in control in front of an audience no matter what you have to say, this is the place to start. Feeling ready now?
Your take-awayThis training will enable you to:
• Unlock your unique style as a presenter and communicator and use it to maximize your professional presence and help you reach your goals;
• Integrate best practices in presentations and avoid distracting habits;
• Learn how to structure content according to objectives, audience and content (OAC framework).
Our approachThis online workshop is based on an optimized practical approach. It mixes pedagogical strategies like active learning, self-assessment activities, demonstrations and individual exercises.
In order to maximize engagement and knowledge transfer during our online workshops, it is highly recommended that participants keep their cameras on.
Who benefits the most?• Anyone who has to present their work or ideas and wants to improve their skills. That means you.
• Employers who want to give their employees a great learning opportunity that will contribute to the success of their organization.
All workshops can be customized for corporate groups. They can be offered on the date of your choosing, in your office or remotely.
Important details1) Registration fee includes electronic course materials.
2) In the event we don’t have enough participants, the workshop will be cancelled and you will, of course, be reimbursed in full.
3) This workshop meets the requirements for the 1% Conformity Law (in accordance with the Workforce Skills Development and Recognition Act).
4) If you wish to pay for this workshop via invoice, please write directly to firstname.lastname@example.org and our service staff will assist you.
Concordia CCE Loyalty Discount
All students who meet at least one of the following conditions, will receive a 10% discount on their CCE course or workshop tuition fees:
1) Have completed a CCE, Undergraduate or Graduate course at Concordia University in a prior academic term;
2) Have completed a language proficiency test (IELTS) at CCE;
3) Have completed a CCE Professional Development Seminar/Workshop.
This discount is based on the information maintained in the Concordia University student information system.
NOTE: This discount does not apply to a language proficiency test enrollment (IELTS) nor to application fees for admission to a CCE program of study.
Your trainerKathryn Peterson,
Think on your feet® | Skilled Presenter™ | HBDI®| PassionWorks™
Known for her dynamic approach during training activities, conferences and coaching sessions, Kathryn Peterson’s fields of expertise are communication, presentation skills and stress management. She has many years of experience working as a counsellor with a wide range of individuals and groups. She is the author and publisher of the popular book, ’’OSER avec ceux qui nous compliquent la vie’’ (Daring with people who complicate our lives), among others. Join Kathryn in this one-day workshop and let her guide you along the path to effective presenting.
© Concordia University