Introduction to SEO 2023
Your take-awayThis training will enable you to:
• Learn the HOWs and WHYs of implementing SEO strategies from the ground up;
• Discuss SEO as part of a business goal and the consumer journey;
• Understand the ranking factors for SEO;
• Perform an SEO audit and create recommendations based on the audit;
• Recognize how web pages are crawled, indexed and ranked by search engines;
• Incorporate social media and content marketing into your SEO strategy;
• Identify how SEO is linked to analytics, coding, KWs, content and more.
Our approachThis workshop is based on an optimized practical approach. It mixes pedagogical strategies like active learning, case studies, experiential learning and real-life exercises. In short, you’ll learn by doing.
Who benefits the most?• Anyone working in a startup that’s trying to stand out on the web;
• Entrepreneurs and self-employed workers who want their websites to make it to the top of searches quickly and economically;
• Marketers, marketing managers, media professionals, advertising executives, content writers and web pros who want to promote websites more efficiently and/or broaden their knowledge of search;
• Anyone who wants to learn how to use SEO to build stronger organizations;
• Employers who want to give their employees a great learning opportunity that will contribute to the success of their organization.
All workshops can be customized for corporate groups. They can be offered on the date of your choosing, remotely or in your office.
Important details1) Registration fee includes course materials, lunch and refreshments.
2) In the case of insufficient registration, the workshop will be cancelled and participants will be reimbursed for the full amount paid.
3) This workshop meets the requirements for the 1% Conformity Law (in accordance with the Workforce Skills Development and Recognition Act).
Concordia CCE Loyalty Discount
All students who meet at least one of the following conditions, will receive a 10% discount on their CCE course or workshop tuition fees:
1) Have completed a CCE, Undergraduate or Graduate course at Concordia University in a prior academic term;
2) Have completed a language proficiency test (IELTS) at CCE;
3) Have completed a CCE Professional Development Seminar/Workshop.
This discount is based on the information maintained in the Concordia University student information system.
NOTE: This discount does not apply to a language proficiency test enrollment (IELTS) nor to application fees for admission to a CCE program of study.
Your trainerTarek Riman, BBA, MA, MMIE
Founder | Best-Selling Author | University Instructor | Marketing Technology & Analytics Expert
Tarek is a digital marketing expert who has worked with 350+ agencies, SMBs and Fortune 500s. He is certified in all the major digital platforms including AdWords, Analytics, Bing, HubSpot, Woorank, OMCP, Facebook and Hootsuite.
A graduate of Concordia University, Queen's University, Berkeley University and Harvard, Tarek teaches at Concordia as well as several other Canadian and international universities. As a speaker, workshop leader and instructor, Tarek gives talks on Digital Analytics, Social Media, SEO/SEM, Digital Marketing, WordPress and Content Marketing with the goal of giving clients, companies, businesses and students the tools they need to use digital marketing effectively.
Tarek is the founder of a lifestyle blog called Montrealtips.com. He donates all proceeds generated from this blog to the Breakfast Club of Canada, UN Refugee Agency and the Montreal Children's Hospital. He is also involved with NGOs and charities in Canada and worldwide. He is the author of four best-selling books: "The Camino Within," "The Secret to Capitalizing on Analytics," "The SEO Way,” and "Paid Search Marketing."
Whether the goal is to drive traffic on websites, build effective SEM-based campaigns, understand key social media platforms or utilize Google Analytics to drive performance, Tarek thrives on supporting entrepreneurs, marketers and businesses to reach their full potential.
© Concordia University