Predictive Analytics: Real Value in Big Data (Online)
Your take-awayThis workshop will empower you to:
• Demystify the concept of big data and all that it entails;
• Learn the fundamentals of predictive analytics by studying data, machine-learning tools and predictive models;
• Better understand the true potential of predictive analytics through the use of powerful, real-world applications;
• Explore the application of predictive analytics on healthcare, retail & marketing and banking;
• Review the topics of modeling concepts and intuitions, data types, software, computing power & executing time, pitfalls, data security, privacy and ethics.
Our approachThe content of this workshop is based on cutting edge theory and it will provide concrete real-world examples of how big data is used everyday. You will be learning from the best in the industry and you will leave with a concrete portrait of all the possibilities big data has to offer and how it's involved in every facet of our lives.
Who benefits the most?• Anyone interested in big data and predictive analytics;
• Marketers who want to better target their clients’ customers;
• Directors of market intelligence who want to extract more value from data;
• Healthcare providers who want to optimize personalized medicine;
• CTOs who want to understand what the geeks in the basement are doing with the company’s data;
• If you already work in the data or coding field, we have other workshops that would suit you better.
We're flexible. That means workshops can be customized for corporate groups and offered on the date of your choosing, in your office or in one of our campus locations.
Important details1) Registration fee includes electronic course materials.
2) In the event we don’t have enough participants, the workshop will be cancelled and you will, of course, be reimbursed in full.
3) This workshop meets the requirements for the 1% Conformity Law (in accordance with the Workforce Skills Development and Recognition Act).
4) If you wish to pay for this workshop via invoice, please write directly to firstname.lastname@example.org and our service staff will assist you.
Concordia CCE Loyalty Discount
All students who meet at least one of the following conditions, will receive a 10% discount on their CCE course or workshop tuition fees:
1) Have completed a CCE, Undergraduate or Graduate course at Concordia University in a prior academic term;
2) Have completed a language proficiency test (IELTS) at CCE;
3) Have completed a CCE Professional Development Seminar/Workshop.
This discount is based on the information maintained in the Concordia University student information system.
NOTE: This discount does not apply to a language proficiency test enrollment (IELTS) nor to application fees for admission to a CCE program of study.
Francis Vekeman, B.A.; M.A., Econ
Érick Moyneur, B.Sc., Math; M.A., Econ
Éric Gravel, M.Sc., Finance; M.A., Econ
Nicolas Corneau-Tremblay, M.A., Econ
Four industry experts with solid academic backgrounds and years of real-world experience in econometrics, biostatistics, epidemiology, cost-benefit analyses, stress testing, event study and market share analysis, risk assessment modelling, investment analyses, drug safety, fraud detection, credit-risk rating and more. They do research, they consult and they teach people like you who are interested in learning more about how big data and predictive analytics can change the course of your profession and your future.
© Concordia University