Building your Coaching and Mentoring Skills
Your take-awayThis workshop will empower you to:
• Gain a better understanding of effective mentoring and coaching skills and the fundamental differences between them;
• Understand how those two disciplines can build trust and collaborative relationships in your workplace;
• Improve awareness of your own coaching style;
• Build your skills in giving constructive and positive feedback;
• Work with an effective coaching model.
Our approachThis workshop is based on an optimized practical approach that mixes active learning, self-assessment activities, demonstrations and individual exercises. In short, you’ll learn by doing and sharing.
Who benefits the most?• Managers who want to give more effective feedback to employees
• Individuals who are interested in better understanding themselves as coaches/mentors
We're flexible. That means workshops can be customized for corporate groups and offered on the date of your choosing, in your office or in one of our campus locations.
Important details1) Registration fee includes course materials, lunch and refreshments.
2) In the event we don’t have enough participants, the workshop will be cancelled and you will, of course, be reimbursed in full.
Concordia CCE Loyalty Discount
All students who meet at least one of the following conditions, will receive a 10% discount on their CCE course or workshop tuition fees:
1) Have completed a CCE, Undergraduate or Graduate course at Concordia University in a prior academic term;
2) Have completed a language proficiency test (IELTS) at CCE;
3) Have completed a CCE Professional Development Seminar/Workshop.
This discount is based on the information maintained in the Concordia University student information system.
NOTE: This discount does not apply to a language proficiency test enrollment (IELTS) nor to application fees for admission to a CCE program of study.
Your trainerJane Reichman Van Toch, BCL., LL. B, MA
Jane Reichman Van Toch is a specialist in strengthening individual, team and organizational performance. She has over 25 years of professional practice within private and public organizations and institutions of higher education. She began her career as a practicing lawyer in the private sector, later transitioning to the role of educator/consultant in the areas of leadership, emotional intelligence and organizational development. Today, Jane provides training in leadership, emotional intelligence, performance management, coaching and mentoring, change management, conflict management, stress management, group dynamics and facilitation and teamwork. Let Jane coach you so you can coach others.
© Concordia University