MONTREAL MUSEUM OF FINE ARTS - TRAINING FOR ASPIRING VOLUNTEER GUIDES
Your take-awayThis course is a great way to help you:
• Understand the contexts in which the work of an MMFA guide occurs;
• Reflect critically on the role and practice of a guide;
• Identify multiple ways for interpreting works of art;
• Research artists and objects in the MMFA collection using in-house and online resources;
• Create a scenario as the basis for encounters with groups of visitors;
• Facilitate group art interpretation that encourages observation, reflection, meaning-making, and dialogue;
• Contribute to ongoing collective learning amongst fellow guide recruits through mutual support, shared responsibility and active participation.
Our approachThis is a blend of theory and active learning through demonstrations, ongoing feedback, workshops, guest speakers, both in the classroom and in the galleries. Active, enthusiastic participation is one of the keys to success in this course.
Who benefits the most?• Anyone who wants to help bring art to life in the MMFA.
• Anyone who wants to become a volunteer guide at the MMFA.
Important detailsAdmission requires successful completion of the MMFA selection process and fluency in French and English.
You can access the MMFA Course Flyer here
Prospective students are invited to consult the MMFA for information:
Linda Goossens , Educational Programmes Officer – Volunteer Guides
firstname.lastname@example.org or 514-285-1600, ext. 238
Concordia CCE Loyalty Discount
All students who meet at least one of the following conditions, will receive a 10% discount on their CCE course or workshop tuition fees:
1) Have completed a CCE, Undergraduate or Graduate course at Concordia University in a prior academic term;
2) Have completed a language proficiency test (IELTS) at CCE;
3) Have completed a CCE Professional Development Seminar/Workshop.
This discount is based on the information maintained in the Concordia University student information system.
NOTE: This discount does not apply to a language proficiency test enrollment (IELTS) nor to application fees for admission to a CCE program of study.
© Concordia University