Accounting and Financial Management
Course Code: CENT 1400When it comes to running a business, you are 100% accountable for the counting and the accounting. That’s more than just word play. It’s a fact. Sound financial management is the cornerstone of business. Which is reason enough to consider this course. In it, you’ll learn the basics of accounting principles and statements, journal entry processing and the preparation and interpretation of income statements and balance sheets. You’ll learn the importance of managing cash (something we should all know), financial reporting, tax processing and employee payroll. Finally, you’ll be exposed to possible sources of funding for your enterprise. In short, you’ll learn everything that counts.
Your take-awayThis course is a great way to help you:
• Analyze business transactions;
• Record financial transactions employing journal entries;
• Prepare financial statements and perform bank reconciliations;
• Analyze financial statements for business decisions like investing for growth;
• Choose an appropriate form of business (partnership, corporation, etc.);
• Create financial reports for a business plan;
• Identify an online accounting solution for your business;
• Identify appropriate financing options for your small business.
Our approachAs in the workplace, teamwork is key here. Sure, there will be engaging assignments and activities, but you'll also form ad-hoc teams to discuss real-world subjects presented by business experts. You'll formulate strategies to solve problems or seize opportunities. Above all, you'll have ample chance to contribute personally to the process. Participation is paramount. This course is designed for the students to meet regularly during live synchronous learning in an online virtual classroom (Zoom).
Who benefits the most?• Students pursuing a Diploma in Entrepreneurship.
• Anyone interested in learning the basics of bookkeeping and financial management.
• Self-employed workers and small-businesses owners who want to take better control of their finances.
• Anyone who has tried to start their own business only to realize they need professional education and guidance.
• Business employees who want to broaden their financial horizons.
• Employers who want to give their employees a great learning opportunity that will contribute to the success of their organization.
Concordia CCE Loyalty Discount
All students who meet at least one of the following conditions, will receive a 10% discount on their CCE course or workshop tuition fees:
1) Have completed a CCE, Undergraduate or Graduate course at Concordia University in a prior academic term;
2) Have completed a language proficiency test (IELTS) at CCE;
3) Have completed a CCE Professional Development Seminar/Workshop.
This discount is based on the information maintained in the Concordia University student information system.
NOTE: This discount does not apply to a language proficiency test enrollment (IELTS) nor to application fees for admission to a CCE program of study.
© Concordia University