Start up Your High-Tech Business
Course Code: CENT 1300The days of pitching your startup idea on the back of a cocktail napkin are gone. Long gone. Today, you need extreme discipline to make it in the high-tech business world and that's precisely what you'll get in this course. In 10 short classes, you'll learn a structured, systematic approach to developing an Innovation-Driven Enterprise (IDE) based on a new technology, process, business model or other innovation that provides a significant competitive advantage to a new venture. You'll also learn how to sell it, measure it, manage it and succeed at it. This is the first course in an invaluable program that can help you make your high-tech dreams come true.
This is the first course in the Start up Your High-Tech Business Diploma pathway.
Please note that this course will be phased out in the 2022-2023 academic year.
Your take-awayThis course is a great way to help you:
• Identify a market opportunity through primary and secondary research (or “fail faster” by determining no opportunity exists);
• Chart a competitive position within the market;
• Network with customers and prospects;
• Develop a sales process to acquire customers;
• Design a business model and determine the economics of the business;
• Design the Minimum Viable Business Product (MVBP) for the business;
• Develop a product plan for a beachhead market;
• Create metrics to measure progress.
Our approachAs in the workplace, teamwork is key here. Sure, there will be engaging assignments and activities, but you'll also form ad-hoc teams to discuss real-world subjects presented by business experts. You'll formulate strategies to solve problems or seize opportunities. Above all, you'll have ample chance to contribute personally to the process. Participation is paramount. This course is designed for the students to meet regularly during live synchronous learning in an online virtual classroom (Zoom).
Who benefits the most?• Students pursuing a Diploma in Entrepreneurship.
• Anyone who has tried to start their own business only to realize they need professional education and guidance.
• Anyone who wants to learn how to be a disciplined entrepreneur in the high-tech sector.
• Any employee who wants to broaden their career horizons.
• Employers who want to give their employees a great learning opportunity that will contribute to the success of their organization.
Concordia CCE Loyalty Discount
All students who meet at least one of the following conditions, will receive a 10% discount on their CCE course or workshop tuition fees:
1) Have completed a CCE, Undergraduate or Graduate course at Concordia University in a prior academic term;
2) Have completed a language proficiency test (IELTS) at CCE;
3) Have completed a CCE Professional Development Seminar/Workshop.
This discount is based on the information maintained in the Concordia University student information system.
NOTE: This discount does not apply to a language proficiency test enrollment (IELTS) nor to application fees for admission to a CCE program of study.
© Concordia University