Start up Your High-Tech Business
This is the first course in the Start up Your High-Tech Business Diploma pathway.
Your take-awayThis course is a great way to help you:
• Identify a market opportunity through primary and secondary research (or “fail faster” by determining no opportunity exists);
• Chart a competitive position within the market;
• Network with customers and prospects;
• Develop a sales process to acquire customers;
• Design a business model and determine the economics of the business;
• Design the Minimum Viable Business Product (MVBP) for the business;
• Develop a product plan for a beachhead market;
• Create metrics to measure progress.
Our approachAs in the workplace, teamwork is key here. Sure, there will be engaging assignments and activities, but you'll also form ad-hoc teams to discuss real-world subjects presented by business experts. You'll formulate strategies to solve problems or seize opportunities. Above all, you'll have ample chance to contribute personally to the process. Participation is paramount in this blended course of in-class and online instruction.
Who benefits the most?• Students pursuing a Diploma in Entrepreneurship.
• Anyone who has tried to start their own business only to realize they need professional education and guidance.
• Anyone who wants to learn how to be a disciplined entrepreneur in the high-tech sector.
• Any employee who wants to broaden their career horizons.
• Employers who want to give their employees a great learning opportunity that will contribute to the success of their organization.
Concordia CCE Loyalty Discount
All students who meet at least one of the following conditions, will receive a 10% discount on their CCE course or workshop tuition fees:
1) Have completed a CCE, Undergraduate or Graduate course at Concordia University in a prior academic term;
2) Have completed a language proficiency test (IELTS) at CCE;
3) Have completed a CCE Professional Development Seminar/Workshop.
This discount is based on the information maintained in the Concordia University student information system.
NOTE: This discount does not apply to a language proficiency test enrollment (IELTS) nor to application fees for admission to a CCE program of study.
© Concordia University