INTRO TO MARKETING
Course Code: CEMK 1150The advent of the internet has given marketers new tools, new media, but it hasn't changed the fundamentals. And those are exactly what you'll learn in this introductory course. Are you in? Say yes, if you'd like to learn about the critical components of marketing or the situations in which a marketing manager must thrive. Say yes, if you want to learn about strategic marketing planning, decision-making, market segmentation and positioning. Say yes, if you'd like to lay the foundation for continued studies in marketing. You see, that's what marketing is all about: getting consumers to say yes.
Your take-awayThis course is a great way to help you:
• Develop and implement a marketing plan;
• Respond to changing and evolving business-related situations with appropriate marketing strategies;
• Narrowly define a desired target market;
• Effectively position an organization's offer;
• Develop marketing communication skills.
Our approachAs in the workplace, teamwork is key here. Sure, there will be engaging assignments and activities, but you'll also form ad-hoc teams to discuss real-world subjects presented by business experts. You'll formulate strategies to solve problems or seize opportunities. Above all, you'll have ample chance to contribute personally to the process. This course is designed with a combination of online live synchronous learning where the instructor and the students meet in a virtual classroom (Zoom) at the same time, and asynchronous work guided by the instructor and completed by students in their own time.
Who benefits the most?• Anyone who wants to learn the essentials of marketing and online marketing.
• Students who want to work in marketing, advertising, promotions, retail or sales, or pursue studies in those areas.
• Entrepreneurs who want to market their products or services.
• Students moving onward to an academic path in marketing.
• Employees in marketing, communications or sales who want to refresh their skills or open new horizons.
• Small-business owners or association members who manage their own marketing and communications.
Concordia CCE Loyalty Discount
All students who meet at least one of the following conditions, will receive a 10% discount on their CCE course or workshop tuition fees:
1) Have completed a CCE, Undergraduate or Graduate course at Concordia University in a prior academic term;
2) Have completed a language proficiency test (IELTS) at CCE;
3) Have completed a CCE Professional Development Seminar/Workshop.
This discount is based on the information maintained in the Concordia University student information system.
NOTE: This discount does not apply to a language proficiency test enrollment (IELTS) nor to application fees for admission to a CCE program of study.
© Concordia University