Hiring & Developing Talent
Your take-awayThis course is a great way to help you:
• Understand the responsibilities of the manager and the HR department with regard to recruitment and hiring;
• Learn the impact of hiring mistakes on the manager and the organization;
• Better understand the purpose of a resumé and the impact of social media on ethics and the information it can provide;
• Develop specific interviewing skills;
• Learn how to conduct and create reports on performance reviews;
• Learn about the various types of feedback and practice giving them effectively;
• Gain understanding of coaching styles and learn about various coaching techniques.
Our approachStudents will engage in practical and critical thinking courses allowing them to reflect and project themselves in their current or future work environment. Teachers will use many pedagogical techniques such as case studies, group discussions, team presentations, introspection questionnaires to apply learning to real-world experiences. This course is designed for the students to meet regularly during live synchronous learning in an online virtual classroom (Zoom).
Who benefits the most?• Students and business professionals who want greater knowledge and experience in hiring and developing talent within their organizations.
• Mid-level managers and other business professionals who want to broaden their team-building skills.
• New and lower-level managers who want to move into a higher management role.
• Recent business grads who want to enter the workforce or business professionals seeking a promotion.
• Newcomers to Canada who want a certificate or diploma from a respected Canadian institution.
Concordia CCE Loyalty Discount
All students who meet at least one of the following conditions, will receive a 10% discount on their CCE course or workshop tuition fees:
1) Have completed a CCE, Undergraduate or Graduate course at Concordia University in a prior academic term;
2) Have completed a language proficiency test (IELTS) at CCE;
3) Have completed a CCE Professional Development Seminar/Workshop.
This discount is based on the information maintained in the Concordia University student information system.
NOTE: This discount does not apply to a language proficiency test enrollment (IELTS) nor to application fees for admission to a CCE program of study.
© Concordia University