JAVA WEB SERVICES AND DATABASES
Course Code: CEJV 670This course is required for completion of your diploma in Java development. It’s also indispensable for anyone who wants to implement “full-stack” applications. Here, you’ll gain greater hands-on experience with real-life technologies and implementations, like the ones you’ll use once you’re an established Java developer. Upon completion of this course, you’ll be able to design a full-stack application coded in Java, including a GUI front-end, a service client, a rich-web service and a data persistence entity-based data layer at the end of the line. Ready to dive into it?
|CEWP 215||INTRO TO SQL|
Your take-awayThis course is a great way to help you:
• Create RESTFUL web-services and database classes that work with Hibernate;
• Encode and decode JSON objects;
• Apply security to your RESTful web service;
• Apply more advanced design patterns to your code, like repository patterns;
• Implement a business tier with advanced validation;
• Design unit tests using mocking for your application;
• Work successfully in an IT group.
Our approachThis course features lectures and hands-on programming practice led by seasoned industry professionals who’ll guide you every step of the way as you learn industry standards and best practices. To succeed, you will be required to do 5-10 hours of work per week outside of class time. If you have little or no prior knowledge, you’ll need more time to gain familiarity with the concepts. Note that this is an online, synchronous course.
Who benefits the most?• Students working to complete their diploma program in Java development.
• Anyone who wants to take the first step towards a career as a Java developer.
• Anyone who wants to develop or broaden their programming skills.
• Business owners and managers in technical domains who want to better understand and evaluate Java programming code.
• Programmers who want to learn a new language to open new career horizons.
Concordia CCE Loyalty Discount
All students who meet at least one of the following conditions, will receive a 10% discount on their CCE course or workshop tuition fees:
1) Have completed a CCE, Undergraduate or Graduate course at Concordia University in a prior academic term;
2) Have completed a language proficiency test (IELTS) at CCE;
3) Have completed a CCE Professional Development Seminar/Workshop.
This discount is based on the information maintained in the Concordia University student information system.
NOTE: This discount does not apply to a language proficiency test enrollment (IELTS) nor to application fees for admission to a CCE program of study.
© Concordia University