INTRO TO BLOGGING
Course Code: CEJN 144Let's be clear, just because you can say anything you like on Facebook doesn't mean you should. The same goes for blogging. There's a lot more to it than just posting whatever comes to mind. And this course will prove that point. If you want to demystify the world of blogging, start a blog, build a network and/or improve the quality of your blog, this is the course for you. You'll examine how blogging differs from traditional writing. You'll learn how to identify a potential audience and choose the right words to generate traffic, hits and advertising to your site. You'll also develop your own personal or professional blog and publish a series of posts to practice the fundamentals of writing for the web. Limber up your fingers and your mind; it's blogging time!
Your take-awayThis course is a great way to help you:
• Identify and discuss approaches to online vs. print writing;
• Learn how to build an audience;
• Employ writing techniques and approaches for blogging;
• Explore a variety of writing techniques for social media posts;
• Create your own blog;
• Learn how to generate hits and advertising to your blog;
• Manage and adhere to deadlines.
Our approachThis course is all about writing, so you'll be doing a lot of it. You'll also learn through interactive workshops, exercises, group discussions and assignments. Enthusiastic participation and effort are the keys to enjoyment and success in this program. This course is designed for the students to meet regularly during live synchronous learning in an online virtual classroom (Zoom).
Who benefits the most?• Anyone who wants to develop their creativity.
• Anyone who wants to use blogging to build a network.
• Anyone who wants to learn how to write social media posts and blogs for personal or business reasons.
• Copywriters who want to broaden their professional horizons.
• People who are interested in learning a new genre of writing.
• Professionals who want to share their work, ideas and research with an on-line community.
• Anyone who wants to generate more traffic to their websites.
Concordia CCE Loyalty Discount
All students who meet at least one of the following conditions, will receive a 10% discount on their CCE course or workshop tuition fees:
1) Have completed a CCE, Undergraduate or Graduate course at Concordia University in a prior academic term;
2) Have completed a language proficiency test (IELTS) at CCE;
3) Have completed a CCE Professional Development Seminar/Workshop.
This discount is based on the information maintained in the Concordia University student information system.
NOTE: This discount does not apply to a language proficiency test enrollment (IELTS) nor to application fees for admission to a CCE program of study.
© Concordia University