WRITING YOUR MEMOIR
Your take-awayThis course is a great way to help you:
• Write a compelling story about your own life based on a particular angle;
• Properly employ various literary devices and techniques;
• Create believable characters and dialogue;
• Use descriptive language;
• Plot a longer piece using a narrative arc;
• Format your writing for submission to publishers/agents/editors, including a query letter and an outline;
• Critique your work and your classmates work thoughtfully and constructively.
Our approachThis is a writing class, so you'll be doing a lot of it. You'll also learn through interactive workshops, exercises, group discussions, and assignments. Enthusiastic participation and effort are the keys to enjoyment and success in this course. This course is designed for the students to meet regularly during live synchronous learning in an online virtual classroom (Zoom).
Who benefits the most?• Anyone who wants to improve their writing skills.
• Anyone considering a career as a writer.
• Fiction writers who want to learn how to write in a new format.
• Advertising copywriters who want to branch out into other forms of writing.
• Retirees who want to share the story of their lives.
• Foreign students who want to improve their written English.
• Anyone with a story to tell.
Concordia CCE Loyalty Discount
All students who meet at least one of the following conditions, will receive a 10% discount on their CCE course or workshop tuition fees:
1) Have completed a CCE, Undergraduate or Graduate course at Concordia University in a prior academic term;
2) Have completed a language proficiency test (IELTS) at CCE;
3) Have completed a CCE Professional Development Seminar/Workshop.
This discount is based on the information maintained in the Concordia University student information system.
NOTE: This discount does not apply to a language proficiency test enrollment (IELTS) nor to application fees for admission to a CCE program of study.
© Concordia University