WRITING A NOVELLA
Your take-awayThis course is a great way to help you:
• Write a compelling summary and outline for your novella or novel;
• Plot your novella or novel using narrative arc;
• Create believable characters;
• Compose convincing dialogue;
• Use descriptive language in your writing;
• Format your writing for submission to publishers, agents, and/or editors;
• Critique your own and other students’ work within the context of in-class workshops;
• Manage and adhere to deadlines.
Our approachThis is a writing class, so you'll be doing a lot of it. You'll also learn through interactive workshops, exercises, group discussions, and assignments. Enthusiastic participation, peer evaluation and effort are the keys to enjoyment and success in this course. This course is designed for the students to meet regularly during live synchronous learning in an online virtual classroom (Zoom).
Who benefits the most?• Anyone who wants to improve their writing skills.
• Anyone considering a career as a writer.
• Foreign students who want to improve their written English.
• Retirees or busy executives who want to try something new to balance out their lives.
• Anyone with a story to tell.
Concordia CCE Loyalty Discount
All students who meet at least one of the following conditions, will receive a 10% discount on their CCE course or workshop tuition fees:
1) Have completed a CCE, Undergraduate or Graduate course at Concordia University in a prior academic term;
2) Have completed a language proficiency test (IELTS) at CCE;
3) Have completed a CCE Professional Development Seminar/Workshop.
This discount is based on the information maintained in the Concordia University student information system.
NOTE: This discount does not apply to a language proficiency test enrollment (IELTS) nor to application fees for admission to a CCE program of study.
© Concordia University