WRITING FOR CHILDREN
Your take-awayThis course is a great way to help you:
• Identify the forms and types of writing for various age groups of children;
• Identify strategies for navigating the children’s publishing world;
• Identify the processes by which books for children are conceived, published, and marketed;
• Create your own picture book or chapter book from brainstorming through to completion;
• Critique your own and other students’ work within the context of in-class workshops;
• Manage and adhere to deadlines.
Our approachThis is a writing class, so you'll be doing a lot of it. You'll also learn through interactive workshops, exercises, group discussions, and assignments. Enthusiastic participation, peer evaluation and effort are the keys to enjoyment and success in this course.
Who benefits the most?• Anyone who wants to improve their writing skills.
• Anyone considering a career as a writer for children.
• Writers who want to learn how to write for a young audience.
• Parents to want to write stories for their own children.
• Foreign students who want to improve their written English.
• Retirees or busy executives who want to try something new to balance out their lives.
• Anyone with a story to tell.
Concordia CCE Loyalty Discount
All students who meet at least one of the following conditions, will receive a 10% discount on their CCE course or workshop tuition fees:
1) Have completed a CCE, Undergraduate or Graduate course at Concordia University in a prior academic term;
2) Have completed a language proficiency test (IELTS) at CCE;
3) Have completed a CCE Professional Development Seminar/Workshop.
This discount is based on the information maintained in the Concordia University student information system.
NOTE: This discount does not apply to a language proficiency test enrollment (IELTS) nor to application fees for admission to a CCE program of study.
© Concordia University