RECRUITMENT AND SELECTION
Well, you're about to find out because the focus of this course is on developing a strategic recruitment approach, screening, assessment and evaluation of candidates while complying with labour laws. You'll learn how to locate qualified candidates and employ appropriate recruitment channels while improving the overall efficiency of the recruitment process. If that sounds interesting, you're a perfect candidate for this course.
Your take-awayThis course is a great way to help you:
• Identify the elements that impact an organization’s recruitment and selection of qualified candidates;
• Develop recruitment and selection plans, employing appropriate resources and tools;
• Create job descriptions and job specifications based on a thorough job analysis;
• Employ non-discriminatory screening procedures and processes that satisfy legal requirements;
• Conduct effective interviews using appropriate technique based on a particular hiring situation;
• Use effective testing methods during the selection process.
Our approachAs in the workplace, teamwork is key here. Sure, there will be engaging assignments and activities, but you'll also form ad-hoc teams to discuss real-world subjects presented by business experts. You'll formulate strategies to solve problems or seize opportunities. Above all, you'll have ample chance to contribute personally to the process. Participation is paramount.
Who benefits the most?• Students who have completed CEHR 1150 and want to continue their studies.
• Students who want an introduction to the essentials of recruitment and selection.
• Students who want to pursue studies in human resources.
• Anyone who wants a career in human resources.
• Any employer or employee who wants to understand the basics of recruitment
• Foreign business students who want to improve their understanding of recruitment in Canada.
Concordia University Undergraduate and Graduate Alumni, based on the information maintained by the Office of the Registrar, are waived from paying registration and late registration fees when enrolling for courses at Concordia Continuing Education. In addition, Concordia University Undergraduate and Graduate Alumni will receive a 10% reduction on their tuition fees. The Alumni discount is automatically calculated when students enroll on-line.
|CEHR 1150||INTRO TO HUMAN RESOURCES|
Find out more about the
- Diploma in Human Resources Management (full-time intensive)
- Diploma in Human Resources Management (part-time)
© Concordia University