INTRO TO HUMAN RESOURCES
it's a profession that covers everything from staff selection, orientation and training, to wage and salary administration, benefits management and pension plans. And you'll learn all about those subjects and more in this engaging course. You'll be introduced to the critical components of HR management, you'll acquire the skills and knowledge you need to effectively manage employment relationships, and you'll develop your ability to perform the functions of a human resource professional. Then you can do the hiring.
Your take-awayThis course is a great way to help you:
• Assess human resources problems within the context of the organization;
• Develop recruitment, selection, orientation, and training plans;
• Implement an effective performance evaluation system;
• Create an equitable compensation system;
• Develop human resources communications skills.
Our approachAs in the workplace, teamwork is key here. Sure, there will be engaging assignments and activities, but you'll also form ad-hoc teams to discuss real-world subjects presented by business experts. You'll formulate strategies to solve problems or seize opportunities. Above all, you'll have ample chance to contribute personally to the process. Participation is paramount. NEW: As of fall 2018, this course will be blended, so you can take your learning to a new height with 10-hours of online content and interaction.
Who benefits the most?• Students who want an introduction to the essentials of human resources.
• Students who want to pursue studies in human resources.
• Anyone who wants a career in human resources.
• Budding entrepreneurs who want to understand how to hire and retain employees.
• Foreign business students who want to improve their understanding of Canadian human resources.
• Any employer or employee who wants to understand the basics of human resources.
Concordia CCE Loyalty Discount
All students who meet at least one of the following conditions, will receive a 10% discount on their CCE course or workshop tuition fees:
1) Have completed a CCE, Undergraduate or Graduate course at Concordia University in a prior academic term;
2) Have completed a language proficiency test (IELTS) at CCE;
3) Have completed a CCE Professional Development Seminar/Workshop.
This discount is based on the information maintained in the Concordia University student information system.
NOTE: This discount does not apply to a language proficiency test enrollment (IELTS) nor to application fees for admission to a CCE program of study.
Find out more about the
- Diploma in Business Essentials (full-time intensive)
- Diploma in Business Essentials (part-time)
Find out more about the
- Diploma in Human Resources Management (full-time intensive)
- Diploma in Human Resources Management (part-time)
© Concordia University