IELTS ACADEMIC TEST WRITING PREPARATION
Course Code: CEEN 167Writing text messages to your friends is one thing. Writing for academics is quite another. And chances are, if you’re reading this, it’s because you want to prepare to take or even retake the IELTS Academic Module test. Either way, you’ve come to the right place! In this course, you’ll get all the preparation you need for task 1– writing a descriptive report of graphic or pictorial information using concise phases, vocabulary and structures; and task 2– developing a concise, persuasive argument on a given topic. Get ready to build your skills with practice, feedback and more practice. How high will you score? Let’s find out!
Your take-awayThis course is a great way to help you:
• Organize, present and compare data in a table and a chart (bar, pie, line graph) in a well-organized way using specific academic language;
• Describe stages of a process or procedures, events and sequence of events;
• Write a relevant, well-structured essay using different levels of language accurately and effectively;
• Broaden your use of academic language and increase your control of language;
• Become more comfortable using language specific to academic settings.
Our approachThis preparatory course focuses on building writing skills through guidance, individualized feedback and student-centered activities. Practice and preparation are one of the keys to preparing for your IELTS exam and you’ll get plenty of it here.
Who benefits the most?• International students who plan to enroll in studies at Concordia University or another institution.
• Applicants and international graduates seeking professional certification.
• Candidates for scholarships and/or professional certifications.
• English-language learners who want to track their progress.
• Immigration consultants, teacher of English as Foreign language and other professionals who need internationally recognized certification on their language proficiency.
Concordia CCE Loyalty Discount
All students who meet at least one of the following conditions, will receive a 10% discount on their CCE course or workshop tuition fees:
1) Have completed a CCE, Undergraduate or Graduate course at Concordia University in a prior academic term;
2) Have completed a language proficiency test (IELTS) at CCE;
3) Have completed a CCE Professional Development Seminar/Workshop.
This discount is based on the information maintained in the Concordia University student information system.
NOTE: This discount does not apply to a language proficiency test enrollment (IELTS) nor to application fees for admission to a CCE program of study.
© Concordia University