INTENSIVE ENGLISH: ADVANCED TWO
Course Code: CEEI 810On Top of Your Game.
At this level, you're quite proficient in English and want to go to university. Or perhaps you simply want to enhance your professional potential. Either way, this course if for you. Here, you'll read a contemporary Canadian novel and work on a related in-depth project. You'll conduct library research, write a research paper and make a formal presentation before the class. Individual attention from your teacher will help you develop your critical thinking skills as you gain confidence and independence in your academic ability. Then, at the end of the class, you'll celebrate with your classmates who, like you, will have earned their language-proficiency requirements for university entrance. Congratulations.
|CEEI 710||ENGLISH INTENSIVE ADVANCED ONE|
Your take-awayThis course is a great way to help you:
• Develop critical listening skills and strategies in a real-world context;
• Develop your library and research skills for university or the workplace;
• Speak with fluency and clarity on a variety of in-depth social, academic and professional topics;
• Construct complex, compound sentences with correct word order, spelling and punctuation;
• Employ appropriate expressions and transitions in writing and speech;
• Gain confidence living and working in English;
• Broaden your academic, social and professional horizons;
• Have the intercultural experience of a lifetime;
• Meet the language-proficiency requirements to enter Concordia University.
Our approachThis program takes an integrative approach to language learning that is collaborative, experiential, student-centered and community-based. In short, you’ll learn by doing, sharing, exchanging and… living in English.
Who benefits the most?• High-advanced speakers who want to improve their English.
• Students who want to work towards their certificate of proficiency.
• Students who want to go on to university in North America.
• People trying to enter the job market or improve their employment opportunities.
• Anyone who wants to discover the English culture in Canada.
Important detailsA placement test will be given prior to registration to ensure you end up in the course that's right for you.
The program is offered 4 times a year (Fall, Winter, Spring and Summer)
Concordia CCE Loyalty Discount
All students who meet at least one of the following conditions, will receive a 10% discount on their CCE course or workshop tuition fees:
1) Have completed a CCE, Undergraduate or Graduate course at Concordia University in a prior academic term;
2) Have completed a language proficiency test (IELTS) at CCE;
3) Have completed a CCE Professional Development Seminar/Workshop.
This discount is based on the information maintained in the Concordia University student information system.
NOTE: This discount does not apply to a language proficiency test enrollment (IELTS) nor to application fees for admission to a CCE program of study.
© Concordia University