ENGLISH INTENSIVE INTERMEDIATE ONE
At this point, you probably understand most English texts and you feel comfortable communicating in a variety of situations both in and outside the classroom. This course will go further, to help you develop your speaking skills in group discussions on topics of general interest and current events. You'll also be watching current media content and the news as the stimulus for short writing projects that will help you sharpen your view of the future and feel more confident as an English speaker. How does that sound?
Your take-awayThis course is a great way to help you:
• Improve your active listening skills;
• Increase your ability to speak with ease and confidence;
• Communicate spontaneously outside the classroom;
• Speak about a topic or give an opinion with explanations;
• Construct sentences with correct word order, spelling and punctuation;
• Write short essays with well-organized paragraphs;
• Gain confidence living and working in English;
• Broaden your academic, social and professional horizons;
• Have the intercultural experience of a lifetime;
• Work towards meeting the language-proficiency requirements to enter Concordia University.
Our approachThis program takes an integrative approach to language learning that is collaborative, experiential, student-centered and community-based. In short, you’ll learn by doing, sharing, exchanging and… living in English.
Who benefits the most?• Intermediate-level speakers who want to improve their English.
• Students who want to work towards their certificate of proficiency.
• Students who want to go on to university in North America.
• People trying to enter the job market or improve their employment opportunities.
• Anyone who wants to discover the English culture in Canada.
Important detailsA placement test will be given prior to registration to ensure you end up in the course that's right for you.
The program is offered 4 times a year (Fall, Winter, Spring and Summer)
Concordia University Undergraduate and Graduate Alumni, based on the information maintained by the Office of the Registrar, are waived from paying registration and late registration fees when enrolling for courses at Concordia Continuing Education. In addition, Concordia University Undergraduate and Graduate Alumni will receive a 10% reduction on their tuition fees. The Alumni discount is automatically calculated when students enroll on-line.
|CEEI 410||ENGLISH INTENSIVE ELEMENTARY TWO|
© Concordia University