ENGLISH INTENSIVE INTERMEDIATE ONE
Course Code: CEEI 510Media Radar.
At this point, you probably understand most English texts and you feel comfortable communicating in a variety of situations both in and outside the classroom. This course will go further, to help you develop your speaking skills in group discussions on topics of general interest and current events. You'll also be watching current media content and the news as the stimulus for short writing projects that will help you sharpen your view of the future and feel more confident as an English speaker. How does that sound?
Your take-awayThis course is a great way to help you:
• Improve your active listening skills;
• Increase your ability to speak with ease and confidence;
• Communicate spontaneously outside the classroom;
• Speak about a topic or give an opinion with explanations;
• Construct sentences with correct word order, spelling and punctuation;
• Write short essays with well-organized paragraphs;
• Gain confidence living and working in English;
• Broaden your academic, social and professional horizons;
• Have the intercultural experience of a lifetime;
• Work towards meeting the language-proficiency requirements to enter Concordia University.
Our approachThis program takes an integrative approach to language learning that is collaborative, experiential, student-centered and community-based. In short, you’ll learn by doing, sharing, exchanging and… living in English.
Who benefits the most?• Intermediate-level speakers who want to improve their English.
• Students who want to work towards their certificate of proficiency.
• Students who want to go on to university in North America.
• People trying to enter the job market or improve their employment opportunities.
• Anyone who wants to discover the English culture in Canada.
Important detailsA placement test will be given prior to registration to ensure you end up in the course that's right for you.
The program is offered 4 times a year (Fall, Winter, Spring and Summer)
Concordia CCE Loyalty Discount
All students who meet at least one of the following conditions, will receive a 10% discount on their CCE course or workshop tuition fees:
1) Have completed a CCE, Undergraduate or Graduate course at Concordia University in a prior academic term;
2) Have completed a language proficiency test (IELTS) at CCE;
3) Have completed a CCE Professional Development Seminar/Workshop.
This discount is based on the information maintained in the Concordia University student information system.
NOTE: This discount does not apply to a language proficiency test enrollment (IELTS) nor to application fees for admission to a CCE program of study.
© Concordia University