INTRO TO UX/UI
Course Code: CEDP 410Ever had trouble navigating a website? Felt lost as you moved from section to section and just left the site out of frustration? We all have. Chances are, the designers of those sites didn't have much experience with User Experience and User Interface Design, also known as GUI. In this course, you'll be introduced to the basics of GUI and User Experience (UX). You'll be preparing interface designs for website creation and mock-ups and for mobile interfaces. You'll also examine screen-based image optimization and page layout techniques in detail. So, hopefully, people navigate your sites with smiles on their faces.
Your take-awayThis course is a great way to help you:
• Create graphic user interfaces
• Optimize graphics for web publication
• Understand and apply user experience design
• Prepare UX designs for websites, tablets, phones, watches and TVs
Our approachIn this course, you will learn directly from industry professionals who will share the latest industry insights and challenge you with real-world problems. More excitingly, you’ll learn through hands-on projects using the very latest software. Did we mention that your projects will be transferred into ready-to-go portfolio pieces? This course is designed for the students to meet regularly during live synchronous learning in an online virtual classroom (Zoom).
Who benefits the most?• Anyone who wants to learn the fundamentals of desktop publishing.
• Students who want to work in advertising, animation, graphic design, illustration, printmaking, page layout and digital publication.
• Anyone interested in updating their professional portfolio with the latest design trends.
• Students looking onward to an academic path in design.
• Employees in marketing, communications or sales who want to refresh their skills or are open new horizons.
• Small business owners or association members who manage their own communications.
• Exhibition designers, fine artists, interior designers, landscape architects, multimedia specialists, photographers and UX designers could also greatly benefit from courses in this program.
Concordia CCE Loyalty Discount
All students who meet at least one of the following conditions, will receive a 10% discount on their CCE course or workshop tuition fees:
1) Have completed a CCE, Undergraduate or Graduate course at Concordia University in a prior academic term;
2) Have completed a language proficiency test (IELTS) at CCE;
3) Have completed a CCE Professional Development Seminar/Workshop.
This discount is based on the information maintained in the Concordia University student information system.
NOTE: This discount does not apply to a language proficiency test enrollment (IELTS) nor to application fees for admission to a CCE program of study.
© Concordia University