Course Code: CEDP 350In this course you learn to apply the fundamentals of graphic design to create a document with numerous pages and differing layouts with Adobe InDesign. The smooth integration of Illustrator, Photoshop, and Acrobat enables you to create professional-quality page layouts. You’ll apply what you learned in concrete projects to produce a variety of documents like magazine layouts, pamphlets, brochures, annual reports and more. You’ll also dive into the digital world to create publications for mobile devices like smart phones and tablets by adding interactivity, using screen-size reflow, adding audio and video, as well as designing eBooks and interactive pdf solutions for web clients. By the end of this course, you’ll have a solid preparation for your future employment in the fast-paced world of graphic arts or advertising.
Your take-awayThis course is a great way to help you:
• Learn how to integrate text, graphics, design, and page layout techniques to produce professional quality documents
• Prepare complex multiple-page documents using style sheets
• Understand how to work with layers to produce print documents including pamphlets, brochures, and magazine layouts
• Use advanced typographic options
• Learn basic pre-press notions to apply through the InDesign interface
• Understand the different formats, screen sizes and requirements for mobile devices
• Convert print publications to digital formats
• Add interactivity to e-publications
Our approachIn this course, you will learn directly from industry professionals who will share the latest industry insights and challenge you with real-world problems. More excitingly, you’ll learn through hands-on projects using the very latest software. Did we mention that your projects will be transferred into ready-to-go portfolio pieces? This course is designed for the students to meet regularly during live synchronous learning in an online virtual classroom (Zoom).
Who benefits the most?• Anyone who wants to learn the fundamentals of desktop publishing.
• Students who want to work in advertising, animation, graphic design, illustration, printmaking, page layout and digital publication.
• Anyone interested in updating their professional portfolio with the latest design trends.
• Students looking onward to an academic path in design.
• Employees in marketing, communications or sales who want to refresh their skills or are open new horizons.
• Small business owners or association members who manage their own communications.
• Exhibition designers, fine artists, interior designers, landscape architects, multimedia specialists, photographers and UX designers could also greatly benefit from courses in this program.
Concordia CCE Loyalty Discount
All students who meet at least one of the following conditions, will receive a 10% discount on their CCE course or workshop tuition fees:
1) Have completed a CCE, Undergraduate or Graduate course at Concordia University in a prior academic term;
2) Have completed a language proficiency test (IELTS) at CCE;
3) Have completed a CCE Professional Development Seminar/Workshop.
This discount is based on the information maintained in the Concordia University student information system.
NOTE: This discount does not apply to a language proficiency test enrollment (IELTS) nor to application fees for admission to a CCE program of study.
© Concordia University