VISUAL DESIGN & BRANDING
Your take-awayThis course is a great way to help you:
• Understand the fundamentals of graphic communication, design, and branding strategies
• Apply the appropriate work method adapted to media strategy and proper target audience
• Understand the power of color, type and image applied to a specific medium
• Apply design content with a clear understanding of technical media specifications
• Design visual elements to serve a specific message
• Create visual identities
• Design graphics for diverse media and advertising materials
• Prepare a design brief and contract
• Develop a critical thinking method and apply it to visual communication.
• Create portfolio worthy projects.
Our approachIn this course, you will learn directly from industry professionals who will share the latest industry insights and challenge you with real-world problems. More excitingly, you’ll learn through hands-on projects using the very latest software. Did we mention that your projects will be transferred into ready-to-go portfolio pieces? This course is designed for the students to meet regularly during live synchronous learning in an online virtual classroom (Zoom).
Who benefits the most?• Anyone who wants to learn the fundamentals of desktop publishing.
• Students who want to work in advertising, animation, graphic design, illustration, printmaking, page layout and digital publication.
• Anyone interested in updating their professional portfolio with the latest design trends.
• Students looking onward to an academic path in design.
• Employees in marketing, communications or sales who want to refresh their skills or are open new horizons.
• Small business owners or association members who manage their own communications.
• Exhibition designers, fine artists, interior designers, landscape architects, multimedia specialists, photographers and UX designers could also greatly benefit from courses in this program.
Concordia CCE Loyalty Discount
All students who meet at least one of the following conditions, will receive a 10% discount on their CCE course or workshop tuition fees:
1) Have completed a CCE, Undergraduate or Graduate course at Concordia University in a prior academic term;
2) Have completed a language proficiency test (IELTS) at CCE;
3) Have completed a CCE Professional Development Seminar/Workshop.
This discount is based on the information maintained in the Concordia University student information system.
NOTE: This discount does not apply to a language proficiency test enrollment (IELTS) nor to application fees for admission to a CCE program of study.
© Concordia University