CLOUD AND APPLICATION SECURITY
Course Code: CECR 1102Organizations are relocating their data and infrastructure to the cloud. So, it’s your job to ensure that the cloud is the right choice by protecting that data completely. And this course will help teach you how. Here, you’ll learn to navigate current cloud delivery models, like Software as a Service (SaaS) to Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) and Platform as a Service (Paas). You’ll also learn the architecture of cloud-native applications to better secure the cloud, while gaining experience with the tools you need to continuously assess the security of your environments and apply appropriate controls based on industry regulatory requirements. For once, having your head in the clouds will become a vital asset.
*** Note that you will be required to do 5-10 hours of work per week outside of class time. Those with little to no prior knowledge will require more time to gain familiarity with the concepts. ***
Your take-awayThis course is a great way to help you:
● Apply core infrastructure concepts to secure cloud environments at scale;
● Align business needs to employ secure cloud infrastructure in diverse industries;
● Acquire practical expertise with application security concepts within state-of-the-art cloud systems;
● Deploy security solutions on cloud systems.
Read more about this course here
Our approachIn this course, we take a hands-on approach to learning that's focused on the acquisition of practical, real-world skills and competencies. In short, you’ll benefit from problem-based, project-based and experiential learning led by industry experts. This course is designed for the students to meet regularly during live synchronous learning in an online virtual classroom (Zoom).
Who benefits the most?● Professional who want to apply best practices when developing cloud and application solutions.
● Cyber security professionals who want to update their skills by exploring new technologies that disrupt the status quo of cyber security.
● Students who want to enter the field of cyber security with hands-on experience in emerging technologies and trends.
● Employees and organizations that want to implement cloud and application-based systems.
Concordia CCE Loyalty Discount
All students who meet at least one of the following conditions, will receive a 10% discount on their CCE course or workshop tuition fees:
1) Have completed a CCE, Undergraduate or Graduate course at Concordia University in a prior academic term;
2) Have completed a language proficiency test (IELTS) at CCE;
3) Have completed a CCE Professional Development Seminar/Workshop.
This discount is based on the information maintained in the Concordia University student information system.
NOTE: This discount does not apply to a language proficiency test enrollment (IELTS) nor to application fees for admission to a CCE program of study.
© Concordia University