BIG DATA INFRASTRUCTURE
Course Code: CEBD 1261So, you had your introduction to Big Data, then you learned all about analytics. Now it's time to look at the systems you'll need to manage all that data and make sense of it. In this course, you'll review the state-of-the-art infrastructures used for high-performance storage and processing of data. You'll study distributed systems like Hadoop, NoSQL database systems like Mongo DB, as well as clusters and clouds, like Amazon EC2 and Microsoft Azure. You'll also use programming models like Hadoop MapReduce and Apache Spark to leverage those systems. If technical talk like that gets your heart racing, this is definitely the course for you.
Knowledge in Excel, SQL, Python and/or R and statistics and probability are crucial for you to be successful in this course. If you do not have knowledge in these areas, we strongly recommend that you take Intro to data Analysis with Excel (CEBD 1300), Intro to SQL (CEWP 215), Intro to R for data Sciences (CEBD 1200) and/or Intro to Python and Data Analysis (CEBD 1100).
Note that you will be required to do 5-10 hours of work per week outside of class time. Those with little to no prior knowledge will require more time to gain familiarity with the concepts.
|CEBD 1160||PROGRAMMING FOR DATA ANALYTICS|
Your take-awayThis course is a great way to help you:
• Understand the core infrastructure concepts to deploy Big Data applications at scale;
• Acquire practical expertise with those concepts using state-of-the-art cloud systems;
• Deploy the analytics solutions reviewed in CEBD 1260, at scale, on those cloud systems.
Our approachThis course employs project-based learning that's focused on the acquisition of practical, real-world skills and not just theory. You'll be taught by an industry pro using state-of-the-art technologies and software. This course is designed for the students to meet regularly during live synchronous learning in an online virtual classroom (Zoom).
Who benefits the most?• Students who completed CEBD 1260 and want to continue their studies.
• Individuals who want to improve the performance of their organization by better harnessing Big Data.
• Professionals who want to leverage data for better decision-making.
• Entrepreneurs with projects that could benefit from data analytics.
• Students in fields like geography, biology, psychology, humanities or any other field with big data.
• IT professionals who want to transition to Big Data from more traditional sectors.
Concordia CCE Loyalty Discount
All students who meet at least one of the following conditions, will receive a 10% discount on their CCE course or workshop tuition fees:
1) Have completed a CCE, Undergraduate or Graduate course at Concordia University in a prior academic term;
2) Have completed a language proficiency test (IELTS) at CCE;
3) Have completed a CCE Professional Development Seminar/Workshop.
This discount is based on the information maintained in the Concordia University student information system.
NOTE: This discount does not apply to a language proficiency test enrollment (IELTS) nor to application fees for admission to a CCE program of study.
© Concordia University