INTRO TO R
Course Code: CEBD 1200So, you’re new to programming. Or maybe you’re a novice user of another programming language. Either way, you’ve come to the right place. In this course, you’ll acquire the skills and competencies to write simple programs in R, covering core language concepts (variables, loops, etc.). There are currently over 2 million people worldwide performing data analytics using R and you can be one of them! Ready to start?
You will be required to do 5-10 hours of work per week outside of class time. If you have little or no prior knowledge, you might need extra time to gain familiarity with the concepts. But don’t worry. You’ve got this!
Your take-awayThis course is a great way to help you:
• Configure a functional R environment to program in R efficiently
• Manipulate basic data structures in R
• Use R to implement a variety of data-related functions commonly used in the workplace
• Write R programs using simple control constructs
Our approachThis course employs student-centered learning that's focused on the acquisition of practical, real-world skills and not just theory. You'll get close, personalized instruction from an industry pro. This course is designed for the students to meet regularly during live synchronous learning in an online virtual classroom (Zoom).
Who benefits the most?• Anyone who is interested in working in the IT stream of Big Data
• Individuals who want to improve the performance of their organization by harnessing Big Data
• Professionals who want to leverage data for better decision-making.
• Entrepreneurs with projects that could benefit from data analytics.
• Students of geography, biology, psychology, humanities or any other field with massive amounts of data
• IT professionals who want to transition to Big Data from more traditional sectors
• People who are new to programming or are novice users of Python or another programming language
• People who are genuinely interested in Data Science and Analytics and would like to better understand what they can do with R
Concordia CCE Loyalty Discount
All students who meet at least one of the following conditions, will receive a 10% discount on their CCE course or workshop tuition fees:
1) Have completed a CCE, Undergraduate or Graduate course at Concordia University in a prior academic term;
2) Have completed a language proficiency test (IELTS) at CCE;
3) Have completed a CCE Professional Development Seminar/Workshop.
This discount is based on the information maintained in the Concordia University student information system.
NOTE: This discount does not apply to a language proficiency test enrollment (IELTS) nor to application fees for admission to a CCE program of study.
© Concordia University