PROGRAMMING FOR DATA ANALYTICS
Knowledge in Excel, SQL, Python and/or R and statistics and probability are crucial for you to be successful in this course. If you do not have knowledge in these areas, we strongly recommend that you take Intro to data Analysis with Excel (CEBD 1300), Intro to SQL (CEWP 215), Intro to R (CEBD 1200) and/or Intro to Python (CEBD 1100).
Note that you will be required to do 5-10 hours of work per week outside of class time. Those with little to no prior knowledge will require more time to gain familiarity with the concepts.
Your take-awayThis course is a great way to help you:
• Gain a practical understanding of the challenges in Big Data analytics;
• Understand the main elements of computer architectures;
• Acquire basic proficiency with the Linux operating system to deploy and run Big Data systems;
• Learn basic programming skills to develop Big Data analytics solutions.
Our approachThis course employs student-centered learning that's focused on the acquisition of practical, real-world skills and not just theory. You'll get close, personalized instruction from an industry pro. This course is designed for the students to meet regularly during live synchronous learning in an online virtual classroom (Zoom).
Who benefits the most?• Individuals who want to improve the performance of their organization by harnessing Big Data.
• Professionals who want to leverage data for better decision-making.
• Entrepreneurs with projects that could benefit from data analytics.
• Students in fields like geography, biology, psychology, humanities or any other field with big data.
• IT professionals who want to transition to Big Data from more traditional sectors.
Concordia CCE Loyalty Discount
All students who meet at least one of the following conditions, will receive a 10% discount on their CCE course or workshop tuition fees:
1) Have completed a CCE, Undergraduate or Graduate course at Concordia University in a prior academic term;
2) Have completed a language proficiency test (IELTS) at CCE;
3) Have completed a CCE Professional Development Seminar/Workshop.
This discount is based on the information maintained in the Concordia University student information system.
NOTE: This discount does not apply to a language proficiency test enrollment (IELTS) nor to application fees for admission to a CCE program of study.
Before registering, take our short self-assessment test to find out where you should begin within the program.
© Concordia University