UNDERSTANDING AI DATA
Course Code: CEAI 1003Artificial Intelligence (AI) doesn’t exist without data. In 2006, British mathematician Clive Humby said, “Data is the new oil.” And data is the fuel that powers AI. However, having data is not enough, you need good data. But how can you identify quality data in the AI world? This course provides the answer.
The first part of the course will help you identify good data, spot potential biases, and interpret graphs and other visualizations from data. The second part of the course will focus on the practical aspects of data for AI projects. This section will help you assess data requirements for AI projects, differentiate between various storage methods, and identify data sources. Upon completion of the course, you will grasp the single most important aspect of AI—data.
To help you develop data skills for AI, you will be exposed to case studies and other projects that resemble data-related situations AI professionals face daily. During these exercises, you will examine the different steps of the data lifecycle to help you assess data quality and the requirements for various AI projects. The assignments will position you as the domain expert and client on an AI project and teach you how to work alongside a data scientist. Are you up for the challenge?
This is an online, synchronous course.
We recommend taking the AI Foundations (CEAI 1001) and Responsible AI (CEAI 1002) before taking this course.
Your take-awayThis course is a great way to help you:
• Explain the importance of "good" data in AI projects
• Describe the different types of data used in AI projects
• Identify the different techniques used to handle and store data in AI
• Assess what is required to carry out an AI project
Our approachThis fully online course employs a project-based approach that focuses on the acquisition of practical real-world skills in AI. You will learn directly from industry professionals and receive individualized feedback. You will have the opportunity to go beyond AI theory by actively participating in assignments aimed at using AI for problem-solving.
Who benefits the most?• Tech enthusiasts who want to add AI to their skill set
• Leaders with financial, operational, or technological responsibilities who are interested in adopting AI
• Managers who want to better support their technical AI employees or who may be involved in AI projects
• Employees in different industries who want to learn how AI solutions can help solve problems or want to contribute to their organization’s AI initiatives more meaningfully
• Students who want to prepare themselves for an AI workforce or explore AI as a potential career path
• Anyone who wants to learn the fundamentals of AI
Concordia CCE Loyalty Discount
All students who meet at least one of the following conditions, will receive a 10% discount on their CCE course or workshop tuition fees:
1) Have completed a CCE, Undergraduate or Graduate course at Concordia University in a prior academic term;
2) Have completed a language proficiency test (IELTS) at CCE;
3) Have completed a CCE Professional Development Seminar/Workshop.
This discount is based on the information maintained in the Concordia University student information system.
NOTE: This discount does not apply to a language proficiency test enrollment (IELTS) nor to application fees for admission to a CCE program of study.
© Concordia University