Course Code: CEAI 1001Artificial Intelligence (AI) is expected to continue to permeate various industries in years to come. In fact, according to a 2020 PWC study, 86 per cent of companies surveyed said that AI will become a “mainstream technology” at their organization by 2021.
From the narrow AI applications embedded in your phone to Artificial General Intelligence (AGI), you will learn to distinguish the subtleties of AI systems. Additionally, you will be able to characterize the types of existing models behind the applications, and analyze the human, data, and technological resources necessary to develop such systems. Last, but certainly not least, this course teaches you the limitations and ethical issues, including biases, that can exist in AI applications and how to detect them. Throughout your studies, you will have an opportunity to see AI in action through use cases that showcase the adoption of AI in several industries. Your challenge will be to explore how you can use AI to help solve problems in your everyday life and in your organization through case studies and other projects. This will help you better understand AI and evaluate the impacts of AI on your daily life. In this course, you won't just learn the basics of AI but actively participate in learning all the different facets that make up AI.
This is an online, synchronous course.
Your take-awayThis course is a great way to help you:
• Examine AI use cases in different contexts
• Identify AI readiness
• Examine the possibilities and limitations of AI
• Determine the requirements and criteria for a successful AI project
• Describe the pitfalls of AI
Our approachThis fully online course employs a project-based approach that focuses on the acquisition of practical real-world skills in AI. You will learn directly from industry professionals and receive individualized feedback. You will have the opportunity to go beyond AI theory by actively participating in assignments aimed at using AI for problem-solving.
Who benefits the most?• Leaders with financial, operational, or technological responsibilities who are interested in adopting AI
• Managers who want to better support their technical AI employees or who may be involved in AI projects
• Employees in different industries who want to learn how AI solutions can help solve problems or want to contribute to their organization’s AI initiatives more meaningfully
• Students who want to prepare themselves for an AI workforce or explore AI as a potential career path
• Anyone who wants to learn the fundamentals of AI
Concordia CCE Loyalty Discount
All students who meet at least one of the following conditions, will receive a 10% discount on their CCE course or workshop tuition fees:
1) Have completed a CCE, Undergraduate or Graduate course at Concordia University in a prior academic term;
2) Have completed a language proficiency test (IELTS) at CCE;
3) Have completed a CCE Professional Development Seminar/Workshop.
This discount is based on the information maintained in the Concordia University student information system.
NOTE: This discount does not apply to a language proficiency test enrollment (IELTS) nor to application fees for admission to a CCE program of study.
© Concordia University