Intro to AutoCAD
Signal your interest
Course CodeCECD 219
Revolutionary AutoCAD has changed the way millions of people from around the world design and draft. And you could be one of them. In this course, you'll get a comprehensive introduction to AutoCAD, including an overview of equipment, operating systems and CAD applications. You'll develop professional skills and techniques, like 2D drawing commands, object snap and drawing tools, an introduction to 3D concepts and much more. AutoCAD Level 1 is just one in a series of two courses created to help you develop computer design skills to begin your career in this dynamic field.
There are no upcoming dates at this time.
Your takeawaysThis course is a great way to help you understand and apply:
• The basic terminology of Computer Aided Design;
• The principles and operation of AutoCAD;
• The drop-down menu, icons and command-line structure;
• Techniques involved in the production and presentation of 2D drawings.
Our approachIn this course, you'll gain real-world knowledge, experience and insights through lectures from an experienced pro who'll show you the ropes. More excitingly, you'll learn through hands-on projects using the very latest software. This course is designed for the students to meet regularly during live synchronous learning in an online virtual classroom (Zoom).
Who benefits the most?• Anyone who wants to learn the fundamentals of AutoCAD.
• Students who want to pursue a job in modeling, 3D modeling, 3D printing, any type of engineering, architecture, drafting, manufacturing, designers, draftspersons, machinists and woodworkers, makers, or other related fields.
• Engineering undergraduates and graduate students in Industrial and mechanical specializations.
• CEGEP students who want to prepare for undergraduate degrees and employment.
• Professional and technical staff and engineers who want to update their design techniques and skills.