Frequently Asked Questions
Dining Hall Fall semester starts: August 29, 2020 (Dinner)
Dining Hall Fall semester ends: December 23, 2020 (2pm)
Important: Meal Plan Services are not provided December 24, 2020 through January 2, 2021.
Dining Hall Winter semester starts: January 3, 2021 (Dinner)
Dining Hall Winter semester ends: May 3, 2021 (Breakfast)
- The All-You-Care-to-Eat Meal Plan and Dining Dollars Plan are mandatory for students living in Residence.
- The All-You-Care-to-Eat Meal Plan and Dining Dollars Plan are sold together and cannot be purchased separately.
- You have access to the All-You-Care-to-Eat Dining Halls on each campus for students living in residence, regardless of which campus you reside on.
- There are seven Food Service Outlets on campus where the Dining Dollars Plan is accepted.
- See Where to Eat on Campus for all Dining Hall and Food Service locations, and Hours of Operations.
- The All-U-Care-to-Eat Meal Plan is $4975.00 in total
- The Dining Dollars Plan is $275.00 (included in the $4,975.00)
- Please see About our Residence Plans for details about the mandatory Residence Plans and costs.
- Once you purchase your All-You-Care-to-Eat Plan and your Dining Dollars Plan, your plan is loaded onto your Student ID and will be functional by the first meal service upon moving in to Residence.
- Your card can be swiped by the cashier at the Dining Halls and other Food Service Outlets
- You must always have your card with you in order to use your Plans.
Once your Student ID card is activated with your Plans, you must always have your Student ID card with you:
- You present your card for each visit at the Dining Halls which the cashier will swipe when you enter. You have unlimited entries throughout the day.
Dining Dollars Plan
- Dining Dollars are used similarly to a debit card at the Food Service Outlets on either campus towards purchases of food and beverage items. Just present your card to the cashier and your purchase amount is deducted from your Dining Dollars balance.
- You will be required to pay for your purchase with cash or credit at the time – no exceptions.
- You can return with your card and receipt (within 48 hours) and the amount will be reimbursed to you on your card.
Each time you buy something with your Dining Dollars, the balance is deducted by the price of the item.
- There are two ways to check your balance:
- An updated balance will appear on your receipt at the time of your purchase.
- Any of our cashiers can let you know by simply swiping your card without a purchase required.
The amount is only carried over for those students who return to live in Residence the following year.
- If you return to live in Residence the following year, the balance of Dining Dollars can be added to your new Dining Dollar Plan for the next academic year.
- If you are not returning to live in Residence for the following academic year, remaining Dining Dollars are not reimbursed (no exceptions will be permitted)
- To ensure students have a positive experience on campus, we’ve created menus to accommodate personal needs and preferences such as halal, vegetarian, vegan, lactose intolerance and no-gluten.
- Students living in residence that self-identify or are diagnosed as having dietary restrictions, allergies or intolerances are requested to reach out to ask firstname.lastname@example.org to verify if the dining halls can accommodate your needs before choosing to live in Residence.
- No – the Plans are strictly non-transferable. Only the owner of the Plans can benefit from the tax savings, therefore the Plans cannot be used by anyone else.
- All friends, family or other guests must pay for their individual meals in the Dining Halls and for items at our Food Service Outlets.
- Yes - but in order to be able to access the Grey Nuns Dining Hall, you must accompany your guests during their visit and admittance to the Dining Hall area within, as the Grey Nuns building is restricted.
- As stated above, the Plans are non-transferable, and all guests must pay for their meals via cash, debit or credit card.
Keep your Student ID card safe at all times as you would a debit/credit card. Please note that if a card is lost or stolen, the cardholder is responsible for all unauthorized charges made until the card is reported as being missing. If it is lost or stolen, here are some steps to follow:
- Immediately report any lost or stolen cards to the Food Service Supplier so that the Plans are temporarily deactivated to protect your funds
- If you can’t locate your card, go to the Birks Student Service Centre to begin the process to obtain a replacement.
- Until you receive your new card:
- You will be required to provide your Student ID number to obtain your meals in the Dining Halls as well as a valid photo ID
- You will be required to pay cash for food/beverage items purchased where Dining Dollars are normally used. (Keep your receipts)
- Once you get the replacement card:
- Please contact email@example.com so that they may activate your new card so that you can begin using the card immediately.
- Your Dining Dollars will be reimbursed in the amount that you’ve spent only if you are able to provide all receipts.
- The Meal Plan will begin on August 24th, 2019 and menus will be posted online (same menu for The Grey Nuns and The Buzz Dining Hall) and onsite at the Dining Halls at that time.
- The weekly menus will rotate on a four week basis and will be posted so that you can plan your meals accordingly.
- You can also view the menus via Concordia’s mobile app.
If you still have questions and would like more information, please send us an email at: firstname.lastname@example.org