We encourage prospective students to visit the LAC and to speak with one of our academic advisors. You may arrange to attend a College seminar, meet faculty and students at our Thursday Coffee Hour, and/or join us at College lectures and receptions.
Contact us to schedule your visit!
The Liberal Arts College seeks students who are serious about learning and committed to living the life of the mind. Students who are interested in pursuing an Honours, Major, or Minor in Western Society and Culture must apply to become members of the College.
To apply to the Liberal Arts College, you must:
- Complete a Concordia University undergraduate application, noting your interest in the College or in its Honours/Major/Minor in Western Society and Culture.
- Complete the Liberal Arts College information package
- Submit a Statement of Purpose: a typed letter, approximately 1 page in length, in which the applicant writes about their interests in the field of Liberal Arts and the reasons for applying to our program.
- Arrange for your required admissions interview at the College. Interviews may be conducted by phone if necessary, but we strongly encourage you to visit in person. Please contact Sita Zarrabian at 514-848-2424 ext. 2565 to schedule your interview.
- Submit letters of recommendation (optional). Recommendation letters are welcome, but not required, and are especially useful where the academic record needs additional explanation.
- All the supporting documents for your application must be submitted online. Upload your Liberal Arts College dossier (information package and statement of purpose) as one PDF file using the Upload Document feature within your application or in the Student Centre in the MyConcordia portal.
Liberal Arts College Application Package
To receive an application package and arrange to be student for a day at the Liberal Arts College, please contact us or use our information request form.