About the Artwork
With the support of the Sir George Williams Alumni Association, Concordia organized a permanent installation of six bronze busts in the foyer of the Hall Building in 1995. All but one of the former rectors and principals of Sir George Williams University sat for Orson Wheeler. The figures are:
- Fredrick Owen Stredder, Principal of Sir George Williams, 1928-1935
- Kenneth E. Norris, Principal of Sir George Williams, 1936-1956
- Henry F. Hall, Principal of Sir George Williams, 1956-1962
- Claude W. Thompson, Senior Professor and Assistant Dean of Sir George Williams, 1952-1956
- Douglass Burns Clarke, Acting Principal, 1968-1969
- Dr. John O'Brien, Principal & Vice-Chancellor of Sir George Williams (1969-1974)
About the Artist
Orson Wheeler was an artist and teacher as well as a member of the Royal Canadian Academy. Starting in 1931 he spent 55 years at Sir George Williams University and its successor institution, Concordia University.
Campus: Sir George Williams (Quartier Concordia)
Location: Lobby, near Bishop Street entrance, Henry F. Hall Building
Address: 1455 de Maisonneuve W.