Dimensions: 259.08 x 762 cm
Patron: Bank of Montreal
About the Artwork
First proposed by the Montreal transit system, then commissioned by the Bank of Montreal, the mural (intended to beautify an air vent) was sculpted first as a Styrofoam mould and then cast as a single piece of concrete. In Montreal, between 1960 and 1968 Claude Théberge founded an art and architecture-integrated workshop. This work, like many of his public sculptures from the time is intended to unify art with the surrounding urban environment.
About the Artist
Claude Théberge’s major Montreal works include sculpture at the Vanier metro station, stained-glass windows in Saint-Jean-Baptiste de la Salle church and a fountain at Viger Park.
Campus: Sir George Williams (Quartier Concordia)
Location: East of Front Entrance, Guy-Metro Building
Address: 1550 de Maisonneuve W.