Leadership donors form a vital backbone of support
Leadership gifts are crucial to the university and impact how we are able respond to financial challenges that arise throughout the academic year. Whether it’s providing a faculty with the ability to send students to competitions and bring in guest lecturers, or creating scholarships and bursaries to provide students access to higher education, this committed group of donors sustains Concordia’s annual Community Campaign and advances Canada’s next-generation university.
More than 700 donors led the way with Leadership gifts in 2018-19. The combined support from this distinguished group made up 68 per cent of the total funds raised through the Community Campaign.
Concordia’s Leadership Circles recognize our most generous Community Campaign donors:
- Deans' Circle: Donors who make annual gifts of $500 to $1,999
- President's Circle: Donors who make annual gifts of $2,000 to $24,999
Together, Leadership donors’ strong commitment to Concordia enriches teaching, research and student life, and inspires others to follow their example.
"I was able to challenge myself and my ambitions through Concordia's Building Engineering program. I created an award for a female student in the Gina Cody School of Engineering and Computer Science, to encourage women in STEM.
The award is an expression of gratitude to those who played a role in my education. What better place to pay it forward than with the university that opened the door for me to pursue my passion in engineering."
— Mercy Quarshie, BEng 11
Leadership Circle benefits
To show our appreciation for their generosity, our Leadership Circle members enjoy numerous benefits that help them stay connected to the university:
- Advance invitations to select Concordia activities, and access to exclusive events with university leaders
- Special Concordia publications/ newsletters for university donors
- Personalized thank-you messages from Concordia students
- Opportunities to volunteer or share your story as a Community Campaign ambassador
- Dedicated contact person in University Advancement for Concordia-related questions
Tailor your leadership gift
Here are ways that you can enhance your leadership-level donation and support an area that is meaningful to you: